Sonore microRendu Music Streamer impressions

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by mikeyfresh, May 5, 2016.
First

Back
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
  1. punit
    To quote from the Darko article "With the new Roon update installed, KEF LS50 Wireless users will see their speakers show up as an output device in Roon’s audio settings panel. Enable this new endpoint and name it to stream digital audio directly and gaplessly from Roon server to KEF standmount – no interceding streamer required".

So, you do not need another UR or MR (if your LS50 has an ethernet port). Just connect the LS50 ethernet port to your router & it will show up on Roon as an end point. Pretty neat.

I have a Sonic transporter i7 & Andrew is a very helpful guy. You can reconfirm the above with him.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  2. canali
    yes that was my impression, too.
    Danny, from Roon's tech support, kindly replied to my query on the Roon forum just a moment agon
    and he says i don't need another MR, for my situation:
    If you don’t need to zone group, you don’t need the MR. You definitely don’t need the power supply for the kef since they have that built in.

3. adamaley
    Could you break down what the IsoRegen does in the chain. I've been away from hifi for almost all year and just recently came back to find my mR 1.3 is obsolete, there is now an UltraRendu, and I hear of an IsoRegen. The last regen I knew of appears to be a different product. Also, I have a Mutec USB device - does it do something similar to what the IsoRegen does? I know I can simply go to CA and get this info, but....

4. TheAttorney
    I don't think I'm qualified to give a definitive answer. I don't know about the Mutec USB device. I don't know about the old regen, but lots of people have written that the ISO Regen is a big improvement over its older brother.
    I've since upgraded my mR to v1.4 becuase it was relatively low cost. It seemed to give an incremetal improvement to SQ, but I had no way of doing a direct A/B comparison.

The ISORegen is simply a USB regenerator that has a better clock than the old version and it also provides galvanic isolation and comes bundled with a high quality hard USB connector that several people have said is an improvement over most USB cables.
    Some people have written that the IR becomes redundant by the time you get to an ultraRendu. Others have said that the IR can still help. Just about everybody agrees that an IR can help a microRendu v1.3 or v1.4.

Anyway, I'm not intending to do any more upgrades of this type, so not going to even listen to ultraRendus or the SOtM ultra boxes. Instead I'll be concentrating on getting a source that's good enough for it not to need such downstream fixes.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    Liu Junyuan likes this.
First

Back
19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28