Sonoma Model One electrostatic headphone system
Dec 8, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #46 of 330
  pushed back to first quarter 2017.

It's not surprising. And now we don't even know which month.
frown.gif

Jan 23, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #50 of 330
  some say this set can beat  SR009+BHSE AMP

some say this set can only compair to SRS-5100

who is right?

I listened to a prototype last year at the NAMM show and I was blown away. To my ears they beat the 009s w/any amp. I don't know how they compare to the stratospheric offerings, but I bet the production system will be improved over what I heard. I'm still betting June :)

Jan 23, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #51 of 330
  I listened to a prototype last year at the NAMM show and I was blown away. To my ears they beat the 009s w/any amp. I don't know how they compare to the stratospheric offerings, but I bet the production system will be improved over what I heard. I'm still betting June :)

THX for the reply  guess I will try it on CANJAM NYC 2017.

Was waiting for this set

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #53 of 330
  some say this set can beat  SR009+BHSE AMP

some say this set can only compair to SRS-5100

who is right?

Heard it a few times at RMAF and really liked what I heard...but it was not as good as the SR009+any good amp to my ears.

Jan 24, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #54 of 330

Heard it a few times at RMAF and really liked what I heard...but it was not as good as the SR009+any good amp to my ears.

Indeed, a BHSE (with Philips metal base NOS tubes) + Stax SR009 is hard to beat   
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #55 of 330
I can't compare it directly as my last time with Stax is a long time ago. But I would say it is definitely a different tuning. That makes it difficult for me to give it a better or worse label. I personally liked it a lot (and I liked it better than the last Stax system I heard)

Jan 24, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #57 of 330
I can't compare it directly as my last time with Stax is a long time ago. But I would say it is definitely a different tuning. That makes it difficult for me to give it a better or worse label. I personally liked it a lot (and I liked it better than the last Stax system I heard)

Can you detail your last system?

THX man!

Jan 24, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #58 of 330
  My bet is June :)

I was contacted by someone from Super Audio Center who informed me that it should be out before then.

Still no final release date, unfortunately. It will be superior to the pre-production units. (That's all I can say.)

As for the geography, he said, "The team is split between the UK and Boulder NYC USA." Not sure about the details.

Oh, and you can use an external DAC via the RCA inputs.

Jan 24, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #59 of 330
If anyone knows anyone that works at this company, tell them to make a slightly sub par model, like 007 is to 009, and price it at 2 grand with same amp/dac thrown in.... please... I will work as much overtime as possible and save up for it...

haha jk only daydreaming... let a lad have his dreams!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back