Sonnet Digital Audio: New kid on the block, well.. not really!
Dec 18, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #782 of 1,504
I'm scared.
Scared because I've been in this audio game long enough to know that I, at some point, will reluctantly pull my wallet out and buy the damn thing.
I know where you are coming. I have the Morpheus and I was thinking about jumping at the Pasithea even though I just bought the Morpheus. Hifi is extremely addictive Once you have heard something like the Morpheus you just imagine what the newer and better model will sound like. Right now I also have a new Yggdragasil OG I am in the process of breaking in and it is already sounding pretty impressive. I am still thinking about the Pasithea . But I have to see out the Schiit Yggy OG first.

Dec 18, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #783 of 1,504
I know where you are coming. I have the Morpheus and I was thinking about jumping at the Pasithea even though I just bought the Morpheus. Hifi is extremely addictive Once you have heard something like the Morpheus you just imagine what the newer and better model will sound like. Right now I also have a new Yggdragasil OG I am in the process of breaking in and it is already sounding pretty impressive. I am still thinking about the Pasithea . But I have to see out the Schiit Yggy OG first.
It's like a disease. Lol

Dec 19, 2021 at 1:35 AM Post #787 of 1,504
Cees said that he took the Pavane/Adagio platform as far as he could. That’s why he came out with the Morpheus. The Pasithea is the next generation over the Morpheus.
Not sure - Morpheus was a cost cutting exercise over Pavane/Adagio, retaining the same DAC technology (R2R chips). Adagio with DAC 3 may be superior to any Morpheus - I don't have Morpheus or Pasithea at hand for a direct comparison; some reviews of Morpheus indicated at the time similar level of performance as Pavane L3 with DAC2 chips (which is inferior to DAC 3).

Dec 19, 2021 at 8:33 AM Post #789 of 1,504
Not sure - Morpheus was a cost cutting exercise over Pavane/Adagio, retaining the same DAC technology (R2R chips). Adagio with DAC 3 may be superior to any Morpheus - I don't have Morpheus or Pasithea at hand for a direct comparison; some reviews of Morpheus indicated at the time similar level of performance as Pavane L3 with DAC2 chips (which is inferior to DAC 3).
Nope. I had debated buying the Adagio during the summer with DAC 3 and I emailed Cees prior to that what I was thinking of doing and he told that the Morpheus is still superior.

The Morpheus wasn’t a cost cutting idea. He found that he would be able, with his new R2R ladders come up with a model that ran on lower power where he didn’t need a big power supply that took up space, and not spend additional money on the glass top and heavy chassis, and still sound better than the Adagio/Pavane.

Believe me, I asked him enough times. However at the end of the day it’s still could come down to what sound do you prefer? You may prefer the Adagio, or you might prefer the Morpheus.

Dec 19, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #791 of 1,504
@ken6217 That very well may be true.
I see it two ways: First, it makes perfect sense that Cees would want to make a superior product as an incentive for people to buy his product instead of a previous Metrum flagship. However, he's trying to sell something so of course he's going to boast about what he's selling.

I know that it all comes down to the sound but that Pavane sure is some sexy eye candy. I like the Morpheus' aesthetic but I'm sure that part of the cost of the Pavane had a lot to do with the build.

By the way, I was wrong about how many hours I had on my Morpheus. As I write this, I think I have about 80 hours on it. Yesterday I posted that I thought I had around 100.
But whatever.

Dec 19, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #792 of 1,504
@ken6217 That very well may be true.
I see it two ways: First, it makes perfect sense that Cees would want to make a superior product as an incentive for people to buy his product instead of a previous Metrum flagship. However, he's trying to sell something so of course he's going to boast about what he's selling.

I know that it all comes down to the sound but that Pavane sure is some sexy eye candy. I like the Morpheus' aesthetic but I'm sure that part of the cost of the Pavane had a lot to do with the build.

By the way, I was wrong about how many hours I had on my Morpheus. As I write this, I think I have about 80 hours on it. Yesterday I posted that I thought I had around 100.
But whatever.
What you say makes a lot of sense except that Cees still has an interest in Metrum. I’m not sure exactly how it works, but he’s always trying to push his technology to sound better and better. His new Pasithea is around the same price point is the Adagio in the same minimalist chassis and design as the Morpheus. Pasithea is supposed to sound best.

I know if my experience that better is only one that sounds better to you. For instance I had the dCS Vivaldi in my system for about a month. It cost $37,000. I definitely appreciate it’s attributes, but I still like the Morpheus better for how I like to hear music.

Dec 19, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #793 of 1,504
Wow! That's saying something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back