Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer
Aug 21, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #978 of 1,216
Hi,

do you think that the hrt stage speaker could work with the microstreamer (without STAGE Control Centre)?
power may not be sufficient?

by the way the product is only distributed in us?
nothing in EU ?

thx

Aug 21, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #979 of 1,216
While off subject for this thread, let me address the question posted by 'cedou97yon':

The Speaker System portion of STAGE is not self powered, so a DAC like the microStreamer, despite the presence of a headphone amplifier, would have no mechanism to provide power for the speakers.  In addition, without the Control Center, the complete system would lack the analog signal processing which elevates the performance of STAGE way above any of its competitors.  To clarify, the Control Center incorporates many 'functions', including a DAC, a preamplifier, a signal processor, and a power amplifier where as the microStreamer is a DAC / headphone amplifier combination.  

As for your question about the US versus other parts of the world, HRT has distributors and dealers in 15 EU countries.  We would be happy to point you to the correct reseller, what specific country are you inquiring about?

Kevin Halverson
CTO
High Resolution Technologies, LLC

Aug 21, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #980 of 1,216
thanx for your quick answer and sorry about the off topic question (didn't find anything about the stage here) but i knew that you could give me a good answer.
I was talking about the stage when ask about the distribution in eu, and finally found a seller (1500€ for the pack :s).
By the way i already have a microstreamer and enjoy it a lot with ue900 and fidelio x1 :wink:, to me it is a great product.

Maybe i should make a new topic for the stage as i have more question about it(wireless module specification)?

Aug 21, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #982 of 1,216
Anyone have a good recommendation for a good USB cable for the uS? I'd like to get something a bit more durable than the stock cable, if possible, and around the same length. I'm not interested in cables marketed based on sound improvements; I'm not spending more than $30 on a cable, and only that much if it's something nice with a solid warranty.

Aug 21, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #983 of 1,216
If 'reliability' of the HRT supplied USB cable is the concern, I can offer that after over 25k cables, we have seen but a handful fail.  This is as good and likely much better track record that any 'expensive' cable I know of.  

Kevin Halverson
CTO

Aug 21, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #984 of 1,216
Good to know,  thank you Kevin. I may very well purchase a new one through you.

I have to say, I am extremely impressed by your responsiveness and involvement in the community here. My girlfriend is a musician and enthusiast as well, and she recently expressed interest in having a uS of her own; we may be in touch with your sales team before long :)

Aug 21, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #985 of 1,216
Happy to have been able to assist. You can obtain another USB cable from either your HRT dealer or HRT, whichever is most convenient for you.  Pleased to learn that a second uS may be joining your ranks!

Kevin Halverson
CTO

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #987 of 1,216
I've ended up writing some impressions in another thread that I feel might be relevant to this thread, especially if anyone is interested in comparisons between HD598, HE400, NAD VISO HP50 and Sony MA900.  I'm also plugging the HRT Microstreamer to be THE MOST COST EFFECTIVE UPGRADE I'VE EVER BOUGHT IN NEARLY 20 YEARS OF INTEREST IN AUDIO GEAR.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/663121/sony-mdr-ma900-impressions-thread/1365#post_10897701

Sep 21, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #989 of 1,216
I absolutely LOVED the MS + JH Audio Roxannes!

The new Dragonfly - ver1.2 is also a far better musical performer than the first I think,
but it doesn't have the overall dynamic gestalt of the microStreamer or the separation that I really dig about it.

I'm also SO psyched to see this thread still going strong!!

Keep it up fellas!
I think the microStreamer is one of @Kevin_Halversons' greatest sonic achievements, and not only has it stood the test of the last two years - 
with a bunch of similar components coming out (not touching the magic of the MS as far as I'm concerned) but I think
it will stand the test of time for many years to come!!

Sep 21, 2014 at 9:03 AM Post #990 of 1,216

Users who are viewing this thread

Back