Songs that really sound great on good headphones, tell me!
Jun 29, 2002 at 12:24 PM Post #31 of 55
redshifter:
I have dots and loops and microbe hunters, but I don't have mars audiac. My personal stereolab favorites are dots and loops and cobra and phases group played voltage into the milky night. Peng and Emperor Tomato Ketchup are also fantastic. So is space age bachelor pad music. Basically anything they put out is great. For headphones too...I have to try out vinyl. I have never heard an audiophile vinyl setup, I would really like to. I am going to be building a system when I get back to the states, and I am interested in hearing what it is like to see if I think it is worth adding.

Jun 29, 2002 at 5:16 PM Post #32 of 55
1. Miles Davis - Kind of Blue (remaster)
2. Kruder & Dorfmeister - K&D Sessions

Both of these albums flatter my so-so system with their sense of air, and the right weight on each note. #2 is excellent for deep bass.

Jul 1, 2002 at 6:53 AM Post #33 of 55
Three groups that make great headphone music: Nine Inch Nails, The Orb, and Aphex Twin. These guys are absolute wizards, you have to listen to a song over and over to find all the cool production tricks.

Jul 1, 2002 at 1:48 PM Post #34 of 55
Rage Against The Machine sounds great on my Sony V6s. I listened to the first 2 albums and never heard so much detail in my life
biggrin.gif
I haven't had a chance to listen to anything except for the live Salival CD by Tool but that sounds pretty damn good too. The quality is MUCH better than Nine Inch Nails' And All That Could Have Been.

Jul 1, 2002 at 2:10 PM Post #35 of 55
Cowboy Junkies "Trinity Sessions"
Tracy Chapman "New Beginning"
Cannonball Aderly "Live at the Club"
Pink Floyd DSOM remaster

Jul 24, 2002 at 4:19 PM Post #36 of 55
Just last Sunday I spent the evening listening to Proprius' Jazz at the Pawnshop (Vols. 1 and 2) and MFSL's The Power and the Majesty on my vinyl setup.

Both are live recordings, and listening to the 'live presence' thru headphones (especially side 1 of The Power and the Majesty) for the first time really stunned me! They sounded so much better compared with hearing them thru loudspeakers.

Jul 25, 2002 at 12:06 PM Post #37 of 55
IMHO, acoustic guitars sound damn good on headphones, especially if it's HDCD encoded. Check out Tommy Emmanuel's "Only" (HDCD) and Billy McLaughlin's "Fingerdance" (CD).

Ooooooooohhh yeah! Music to my soul!!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2002 at 7:15 AM Post #39 of 55
The Fellowship of The Ring soundtrack. Astounding performances by The London philaharmonic Orchestra and The New Zealand Symphony Orchestra. Not to mention the haunting choir vocals of The London Voices and The London Oratory School Schola. James Horner's best creation so far, second to his score on Deep Impact, IMO.
Braveheart - also from James Horner
Gladiator - Hans Zimmer

Aug 13, 2002 at 6:38 PM Post #40 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by Tina
The Fellowship of The Ring soundtrack. Astounding performances by The London philaharmonic Orchestra and The New Zealand Symphony Orchestra. Not to mention the haunting choir vocals of The London Voices and The London Oratory School Schola. James Horner's best creation so far, second to his score on Deep Impact, IMO.
Braveheart - also from James Horner
Gladiator - Hans Zimmer

actually howard shore wrote the music for lord of the rings. i agree though, it is excellent.

Aug 23, 2002 at 6:14 AM Post #42 of 55
Anything by Jean-Michel Jarre, but especially the first three albums:

Oxygene
Equinoxe
Les Chants Magnetique (Magnetic Fields)

Sep 21, 2002 at 9:54 PM Post #43 of 55
I recently purchased a META42 and I'm now going thru all my CDs. One that I was particularly impressed with is "The Best of Earth Wind & Fire Vol I". Specifically "Love Music", "That's the Way of the World", "Shining Star", and "Singasong".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back