Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Jan 7, 2011 at 11:37 AM Post #796 of 4,536
James Taylor.

Jan 7, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #798 of 4,536
Nils Lofgren live acoustic sounds fantastic on my Grado's

Jan 7, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #799 of 4,536
Jethro Tull is gracing my Grados at the moment.

Jan 7, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #800 of 4,536
Favorite albums on my Grados:

The Knife - Silent Shout (makes you think something is wrong with your brain...)
Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's LHCB (2009 Stereo Remaster)
The Temper Trap - Conditions

Best song (turn it to 11, believe me):

Gobble Gobble - Lawn Knives, followed closely by "End of Days"

Pretty much every time I listen to this song on 'phones, it gives me goosebumps.  I've played it for tons of people who get the same thing--too bad it's only ~2min. long!!!!

The Gobble Gobble songs are available from the band (lossless) at http://gobblegbl.bandcamp.com, these will test your 'phones (and your brain's ability to compute sounds without getting a stroke...haha)

Jan 7, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #801 of 4,536
I'm surprised so many people liked the stereo remasters of The Beatles' albums. They brickwalled the crap out of them.

Quote:

The Knife - Silent Shout (makes you think something is wrong with your brain...)

Pretty much every time I listen to this song on 'phones, it gives me goosebumps.  I've played it for tons of people who get the same thing--too bad it's only ~2min. long!!!!

The Gobble Gobble songs are available from the band (lossless) at http://gobblegbl.bandcamp.com, these will test your 'phones (and your brain's ability to compute sounds without getting a stroke...haha)

Jan 7, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #802 of 4,536
classic Grado wow song: Stairway to Heaven (offcourse)

Jan 7, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #803 of 4,536
Honestly, listen to "On the Beach" by Neil Young. Make sure it's lossless, and it'll put you on another planet.

Jan 7, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #804 of 4,536

Quote:
Honestly, listen to "On the Beach" by Neil Young. Make sure it's lossless, and it'll put you on another planet.

ow, I did that already, it's very nice:)
Old Man is my all time favourite Neil song, but he made so many nice ones.

On the Grados again: Metropolis pt.1 - Dream Theater

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #805 of 4,536
  I think they liked them because they are so clear now though it also reveals some of the mistakes that were made during the recordings .  I like them myself have past masters and songs like Day tripper sound great  even if it is early stereo .

Quote:
I'm surprised so many people liked the stereo remasters of The Beatles' albums. They brickwalled the crap out of them.

Quote:

Jan 8, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #807 of 4,536
Despite the fact the Led Zep is my favorite band, I find Stairway to heaven to be terribly overrated.
It's a great song, but for some reason it's the only thing people know about them, and imo they've got much better songs.
Since I've been loving you and In my time dying to name the two that are next up on may playlist.

Jan 9, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #810 of 4,536

Quote:
Despite the fact the Led Zep is my favorite band, I find Stairway to heaven to be terribly overrated.
It's a great song, but for some reason it's the only thing people know about them, and imo they've got much better songs.
Since I've been loving you and In my time dying to name the two that are next up on may playlist.

Led Zep is actually one of the few cases in which I like the most famous song the most. I have their cd's and I know them, but Stairway to Heaven is just a very special song, really one of my favorite songs ever. Sicnce I've been loving you is gold also, as well as Kashmir, Whole lotta love and some more.

What you have with S.t.H., I have with Child in Time from Deep Purple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back