Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Jun 2, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #4,083 of 4,536

Wow!  thanks gotta go get more.

Weapon of Choice is a band formed by Lonnie 'Meganutt' Marshall out of LA. They did 2 LP's on Stone Gossard's Loosegroove label in the mid-90's, and have been independent ever since.  I think they have 3-4 albums out under "Weapon of Choice" but they are hard to find. He also has 2-4 albums out under "Meganutt" with lower production values but the same funky vibe.

Side note - Lonnie's brother Arik Marshall was briefly the guitarist for Red Hot Chili Peppers in 93 I think, after Frusciante quit the band the first time.  He did the Lollapalooza tour with them.

Glad you dug it -- the 2 albums to check out first are "Nutmeg Sez: Bozo The Town" and "Hyperspice" from the 90's.  

Great players - lots of these guys played with others and are still working. Drums on several songs is Brain (from Praxis), some songs it's Fish from Fishbone. Tombone and Keefus went on to play with Les Claypool. Arik played with RHCP and Macy Gray, amongst others.

Jun 2, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #4,084 of 4,536

Weapon of Choice is a band formed by Lonnie 'Meganutt' Marshall out of LA. They did 2 LP's on Stone Gossard's Loosegroove label in the mid-90's, and have been independent ever since.  I think they have 3-4 albums out under "Weapon of Choice" but they are hard to find. He also has 2-4 albums out under "Meganutt" with lower production values but the same funky vibe.

Side note - Lonnie's brother Arik Marshall was briefly the guitarist for Red Hot Chili Peppers in 93 I think, after Frusciante quit the band the first time.  He did the Lollapalooza tour with them.

Glad you dug it -- the 2 albums to check out first are "Nutmeg Sez: Bozo The Town" and "Hyperspice" from the 90's.  

Great players - lots of these guys played with others and are still working. Drums on several songs is Brain (from Praxis), some songs it's Fish from Fishbone. Tombone and Keefus went on to play with Les Claypool. Arik played with RHCP and Macy Gray, amongst others.

Thanks for the lowdown, I will check them out.

Jun 10, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #4,087 of 4,536
"Sonnette - Alex Q and Jule Re-Edit" - Mathias Ache & MuLe

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #4,090 of 4,536
Honey I got rhythm you ain't even heard of yet

Coldcut was a big influence on me, I used to DJ and mix to this effect. Not as good as these guys but ya know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back