songs that make you get out of your chair and get jiggy!
Jul 17, 2002 at 9:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

millerdog

1000+ Head-Fier
I can picture most headphone users sitting in a favorite chair listening to a favorite selection of music.
I gotta say, I get up and freak my dog(the real miller) out when I listen to Devo's "(I can't get no)Satisfaction," 10,000 Maniacs' "About the Weather." I get up out of my chair and get jiggy!
This is freaking embarassing. But I'm sure you guys get into it too?
Air guitar? Air conducting(of classical music), Karaoke? Singing in the shower?
I was just wondering what songs, or music makes you do insane things when you are by yourself?
My dog just doesn't understand...lol
md

Jul 17, 2002 at 12:48 PM Post #2 of 8
Yesterday i was listening to the new dave matthews band cd, and man, i was bopping around
biggrin.gif

Same thing when i was jamming to Depeche Mode's "everything counts" from the singles collection.

Jul 17, 2002 at 1:58 PM Post #3 of 8
Dropkick Murphys-The Gauntlet
The Bouncing Souls-True Believers
Randy Newman-It's Money That Matters; maybe not "jiggy" but definetley play along with. I really love that line about the big blonde wife. ooooohhhh big blondes
very_evil_smiley.gif

MPD

Jul 18, 2002 at 4:37 AM Post #4 of 8
When we had separate studios at school, I used to sneak up and bust my friend all the time dancing and undulating about! He'd catch me watching him and give me a **** eating grin. lol
I caught one dude at the listening station at Borders just going off on the Rolling Stones.
How about singing passionately in the car during rush hour and realizing the person in the car next to you has been watching?
md

Jul 18, 2002 at 11:16 AM Post #5 of 8
Rage against the machine - Evil Empire: Specially those 3 first tracks.

Sepultura: Chaos A.D.

Jul 18, 2002 at 11:29 AM Post #6 of 8
frank black and the catholics - six sixty six

soul asylum - sexual healing (hands down the BEST version of this song ever recorded)

tool - jerk-off

nirvana - verse chorus verse (ironically, on the same compilation that the soul asylum track is..)

butthole surfers - pepper

Jul 18, 2002 at 12:40 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Vitalstatistix
When I listen to modern classical tracks by Nobuo Uetmatsu (of the Final Fantasy fame) or Vanessa Mae, I find myself playing air violin at times and become all sweaty afterwards.
biggrin.gif

Not to get off topic, but i recently picked up a FF concert from 1989 on cd off of ebay (its an original!). Great stuff, too bad its so short, less than 40 mins.

Lately, the new rhcp album and the new dmb album is making me get jiggy on the train
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back