Soncoz LA-QXD1, new balanced DAC for under 200$
Mar 21, 2020 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

Lolito

Banned
I was wondering if anyone in this forum has any news about this coming DAC:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-pre-production-evolution-of-kte-board.10471/

It measures very well, good price, and it's designed by the designer of the Khadas Tone Board. MY current concern is how does this DAC work when used together with a headphone amp that has RCA input, so if I want to use the XLR connections for my speaker monitors, and then the rca for the hadphone amp, can I select the output? or it's always sending to both outputs? thanks.

May 11, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #3 of 56
First units been delivered now.

May 15, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #6 of 56
EMS from Chian are not working, at least for large parcels, as far as they told me. Let us know how the thing works... aparently version 1 has some bit weird things, like a weird logo from a french company on the front, leds a bit too bright. Has good support for reprogram the thing though... I want one too, but I will wait until people has tested it well and version 2 or 3 or 4 is out. best dac out there probably.

May 15, 2020 at 5:21 AM Post #7 of 56
EMS from Chian are not working, at least for large parcels, as far as they told me. Let us know how the thing works... aparently version 1 has some bit weird things, like a weird logo from a french company on the front, leds a bit too bright. Has good support for reprogram the thing though... I want one too, but I will wait until people has tested it well and version 2 or 3 or 4 is out. best dac out there probably.

Someone mentioned the logo on ASR, and apparently that was just a custom order for a customer. They come without a logo on them, but you can request one. Based on the measurements after his ESS hump fix, I can’t see anything being better than this at $200. I’ll update once I receive it and test it out a bit!

May 16, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #8 of 56
Someone mentioned the logo on ASR, and apparently that was just a custom order for a customer. They come without a logo on them, but you can request one. Based on the measurements after his ESS hump fix, I can’t see anything being better than this at $200. I’ll update once I receive it and test it out a bit!
Yes, that is what they said, but all the first series has that logo. All people who ordered got that logo. Check the photos.

May 26, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #9 of 56
not so good measurements as anticipated, which is funny as measurements should always be the same, if the device is the same... still awesome dac, I just miss a remote. Let see what the competition brings. For the price/performace ratio though, this is probably number one in XLR and solid build combo.

May 31, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #11 of 56
Nice!! I would like to order the cheap one, but better wait for the hype to end, lot of demmand now.

Jun 4, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #12 of 56
SGD1 is in the house. Might get its younger brother (LA-QXD1) too ...
20200604_171750.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #13 of 56
awesome, give us your feedback about it when you have used it enough!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back