something with this graph doesn't seem right...
May 16, 2010 at 8:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

plonter

Headphoneus Supremus
May 16, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #3 of 12

Quote:
urrgh

yes, your just looking at the bass arent you.  look at the bass in relation to the mids and highs.  the senn has lots more mids

ok..but what about the bass? is it logical that the HD650 will have much more bass than the D7000?  or there is a mistake on the measuring,or the D7000 is totally another beast from the D5000 which clearly blows the senns away in regards to bass quantity.

May 16, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #5 of 12

Quote:
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMHHHHHHHHHHHHH

which one of those has "more" L's, which one has proportionally more L's

mmm...proportionally they are both the same (if i got it right) but the first one clearly has more of everything.       I thought that graphs are'nt supposed to look at in proportional way,
only in terms of what headphones has more of certain frequencies.

May 16, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #6 of 12
what!!! how are they proportionally the same? how about now

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

all graphs are proportional with 1 frequency taken as a base line, this is why you can compare a hard to drive HD650 and a super easy to drive SE530.  or did you really thing everything would just happen to output at the same volume? did you think it was coincidental all their graphs hit 0db at 1khz?

May 16, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #8 of 12
I think i understand what you are saying.  so it is right to compare headphones directly only if they have the same spec...like impedance and sensetivity?  like D2000 and D5000?
but if this is the way it works than how can we compare headphone based on the graphs?
 and one more thing,the D5000 graph shows that the have more bass than the hd650,so how comes that it is not the same thing like the D7000?
I still feels like something is wrong with the D7000 graph..it can't be that the D5000 and D7000 have such big differences in frequency response.

May 16, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #10 of 12
well..nevermind.  but i still thinks that something strange about the D7000 frequency graph,especially in the bass region.  let's see what headroom got to say on this.

May 17, 2010 at 7:45 AM Post #11 of 12
I think that the Denon's closed configuration with large and deep, wooden driver housings has a lot to do with their bass response.

I also agree with mark2410 that how one frequency range will sound depends on the overall balance.  If they mids and highs are prominent then you'll likely keep the volume at a level that's acceptable for you and hence, the bass will suffer etc.  The D7000's seem quite balanced and are closed.  Get ready for bass!! :)  You shouldn't be disappointed.

May 17, 2010 at 10:17 AM Post #12 of 12
thanks.  I realize that the D7000 will have plenty of bass and punch,I just wanted an explanation about the differences between them and the D5000 as appear on the frequency graphs.  it seems that the differences are too big for two headphones with more or less the same sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back