Something smaller than Dayton Audio B652 / Lepai combo...?
Mar 23, 2013 at 10:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

iLikeItInTheEar

New Head-Fier
I want to upgrade my garbage Logitech computer speakers to something better.

I was considering the Lepai 2020a+ amp and Dayton Audio B652 bookshelf speakers with their Sub-1000 subwoofer, and although I think it would be great I don't really have the room on my desk as I run 2x 24" monitors.

So I'm searching for something which is at least as good but a bit smaller. I came across the Klipsch ProMedia 2.0 speakers but have no idea what their like: http://www.klipsch.com/promedia-2-1-computer-speakers

Does anyone have any suggestions on PC 2.0 speakers and sub for my PC? Something about half the size of the Daytons.

Mar 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #2 of 6

Johnnyhi

100+ Head-Fier
Aww... my beloved Promedia's 2.1... good times.... good times...
tongue.gif

BestBuy has them on display, a trip could do...  what is your budget...?

Mar 24, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #3 of 6

weez82

100+ Head-Fier
You can use different bookshelf speakers with the Lepia. It doesnt have to be the Dayton's. Find a pair that meets your size requirement and fits your budget and pair them with the Dayton sub. I see used satellite speakers posted on craigslist all the time for cheap. Look used :wink:. What are your current speakers and what is your budget?

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #4 of 6

iLikeItInTheEar

New Head-Fier
Don't laugh but the current "garbages" are the Logitech LS21's:
http://www.logitech.com/en-au/product/LS21-speakers?crid=47

- budgets under $200 for amp, speakers and sub - but I could stretch,
- I have been looking at the Dayton Sub-1000 but I really don't have the space for it either

OR,  should I make room by mounting the Daytons on my study wall up behind my desk? They're just so big and detract from the look of my room. Can I get something which sounds as good but is smaller, and can just sit on my desk beside my monitors?

PS - I also just bought some AUdio Technica ATC-M50 headphones and C&C BH amp.

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #5 of 6

cel4145

Headphoneus Supremus
You can use different bookshelf speakers with the Lepia. It doesnt have to be the Dayton's. Find a pair that meets your size requirement and fits your budget and pair them with the Dayton sub. I see used satellite speakers posted on craigslist all the time for cheap. Look used :wink:. What are your current speakers and what is your budget?

+1

Budget makes a big difference. For example, if you want tiny speakers, the Cambridge Minx are very good but need a very good sub to handle the midbass.

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:31 AM Post #6 of 6

Johnnyhi

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:
Don't laugh but the current "garbages" are the Logitech LS21's:
http://www.logitech.com/en-au/product/LS21-speakers?crid=47

- budgets under $200 for amp, speakers and sub - but I could stretch,
- I have been looking at the Dayton Sub-1000 but I really don't have the space for it either

OR,  should I make room by mounting the Daytons on my study wall up behind my desk? They're just so big and detract from the look of my room. Can I get something which sounds as good but is smaller, and can just sit on my desk beside my monitors?

PS - I also just bought some AUdio Technica ATC-M50 headphones and C&C BH amp.

What i would do is get as much speaker as possible, then  with time get the sub...  
for small in form factor the:   

Cambridge Audio S20
Energy CB-5
Mordaunt Short Carnival 1    

i was thinking the Audio engine A2 since they are active speakers but then again... the sub... there is plenty of choices in the 150 range... a guy is selling his CA for 95  

http://www.overclock.net/t/1305586/fs-cambridge-audio-s20-bookshelf-speakers-95   

Users who are viewing this thread