Something new Monday...
Nov 15, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #182 of 216
Nov 15, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #184 of 216
How many discussions, how many hopes, and this is just another version of Diana(
Maybe someday Abyss will still release iems.

Nov 15, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #185 of 216
Add a $10 pad and they're fantastically comfy.
That only helps the headband. The earpads are uncomfortable as well.

But as others have said, it’s ridiculous to pay over four grand and then have to spend more to improve comfort.

For the love of God, Hifiman only allocates $3 on build quality and yet almost all of their headphones are comfortable to wear.

Come on Abyss, you can do better.

Nov 15, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #186 of 216
I was hoping their next Diana would introduce pivot and swivel to the chassis to address coupling and comfort issues with their earpads. They seem intent on making modifications to their earpads, but the real issue is that the chassis is rigid. It has no flex, nor cup swivel / pivot, so it's one-size-fit-all. If the particular pad angling isn't a perfect fit for your particular head shape - oh well. I do use my Diana v2 (with DMS modded pads) a fair bit, but for example the new earpads are no good for me.

Nov 15, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #187 of 216
I was hoping their next Diana would introduce pivot and swivel to the chassis to address coupling and comfort issues with their earpads. They seem intent on making modifications to their earpads, but the real issue is that the chassis is rigid. It has no flex, nor cup swivel / pivot, so it's one-size-fit-all. If the particular pad angling isn't a perfect fit for your particular head shape - oh well. I do use my Diana v2 (with DMS modded pads) a fair bit, but for example the new earpads are no good for me.
Correction, you mean one size doesn't-fit-all.

Nov 15, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #189 of 216
Happy for Diana fans who were looking for an upgrade from the Phi, but at $4500 another $500 gets you the big boy 1266. For me personally I would just get the 1266 and struggle with the comfort issues (if any) and be happy knowing I'm getting the "ultimate sound" (at least for now). I know it's indoors in my own home and I shouldn't care about how I look but I would feel silly wearing the 1266... if family and friends laugh at me that would not be fun :joy:

Looking forward to dedicated thread and impressions of the Diana TC! Wasn't DMS supposed to mod the pads and headband as well? Were his ideas rejected or it's only on special request?

Nov 15, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #190 of 216
The only shocking thing is that these are middle aged adults behaving like teenager.
Honey we're all just kids, age doesn't change anything in that regards. We will always have preferences and opinions and biases and strong dislikes and all, and display those in all the ways that is humanly possible. Besides, there is no objective definition of what an "adult" should be like, save for our opinions and perspectives, which instantly make it subjective. Like this "hobby", and the passion of those behind it.

Nov 15, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #191 of 216
I thought this would be the so requested, closed Abyss. 4.5k is quite a call for the Diana. Great Headphone, but I agree with everyone about comfort and tonality. Maybe the TC improves the latter?

Nov 15, 2021 at 9:44 PM Post #193 of 216

Users who are viewing this thread

Back