Something new Monday...
Nov 9, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #18 of 216
giphy.gif

Nov 9, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #19 of 216
In the end its just headphone and it won't drive me from A to B hence I quote 'the law of diminishing returns' as Josh said in here:

I see no issues with high end. And I love the best of everything. I don't complain when cheaper items get released. And I can hear quite the difference with cheaper items and more expensive ones. Not everything is meant for a large audience. If someone wants them they will buy them.

Nov 9, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #22 of 216
So are people's salaries over the years....

Don't think so depends what part of the world you are obviously. Also, I personally think consumers should challenge the manufacturer more on that higher price to make sure those 1% getting their money worth otherwise they will shove anything down your throat. Otherwise good luck to you if you can spend such money on headphones.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #23 of 216
Did the people who currently complain about $3500-$6000 flagships really buy flagships when they were $1200-$1700? Or did they complain about the price of those flagships compared to their $400 HD600?

Nov 9, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #26 of 216
Did the people who currently complain about $3500-$6000 flagships really buy flagships when they were $1200-$1700? Or did they complain about the price of those flagships compared to their $400 HD600?

No mate we couldn't afford it even at that price with a mortgage and family to sport. Does that make you happy now?

Nov 9, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #27 of 216
Personally yes, the idea of a 1k flagship still sounds reasonable to me. There were a few flagships at this level of price in the 2000s: Stax SR-007 (which I bought back then), Sennheiser HE60 and HD800. Are people saying that these headphones are outdated compared to current flagships' standards? I don't think they are from a technical standpoint (but of course one could argue that planars are using a different technology).

Nov 9, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #28 of 216
I wonder if they're going to announce an IEM since in their videos a while ago, they mentioned they were working on one.

What's the point if you make your product for 1% and masses can't enjoy
Tbh 3k is not high enough to be exclusive to the 1%. "Regular" people can save up if they really want to. I know plenty of people who don't get payed a lot, but they save up and spend more on stuff like modding their cars. Yeah 3k is not cheap, but it's certainly attainable unlike many other things like high end sport cars.

Nov 9, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #29 of 216
Oh yeah, of course I assume it's going to be in the 1266 level of pricing, not in my price bracket, but that's okay! :) I think it's great there is enough of a market to support having headphones in that upper tier that's beyond where I'm at -- totally okay with that.

I'll still enjoy reading about others' impressions of whatever it is that's coming! And someday I'll probably get to a CanJam to hear one. :beerchug:

Nov 9, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #30 of 216
I wonder if they're going to announce an IEM since in their videos a while ago, they mentioned they were working on one.

Tbh 3k is not high enough to be exclusive to the 1%. "Regular" people can save up if they really want to. I know plenty of people who don't get payed a lot, but they save up and spend more on stuff like modding their cars. Yeah 3k is not cheap, but it's certainly attainable unlike many other things like high end sport cars.

I am saving up for LCD-X may be when there's 2025 edition is out I hope to get there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back