1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Someone just scraped my bumper in a parking lot and took off!

1. chips2481
    This afternoon an idiot or drunk guy in a large truck next to me pulled out of his spot first, then stopped started to turn, realized he would hit my car if kept going, backed up a bit more and went with just enough room to scrape up my bumper. He either didn't notice or didn't care as I got out of the car and looked at the bumper with two other people staring at the damage. Anyone else had this happen or similar? I have a witness's phone number and made a police report, have not heard back from the police yet. So now I am wondering if I will be stuck paying for the damage or is this something that the police for sure can do something about. I have a small four door and he had one of these new mid size GMC's trucks, hoping his bumper will show the damage. https://www.gmc.com/trucks

2. serman005
    What's your insurance situation? Shouldn't they cover it as a hit and run?

raypin likes this.
  3. wink
    Were you wearing headphones at the time.....?

llamaluv and serman005 like this.
  4. chips2481
    Wearing headphones and driving is illegal, atleast in united states it is.
    I reported it to the cops and with a witness's phone number. Never heard back from them. However... I did get a bunch of junk mail from therapists offering discounts on massages and a few attorneys who want to represent me. Not going to involve insurance. Probably going to remove the bumper and have it painted, it is a salvage title car that had bumper repair and one side is off colored from a crappy paint job anyways.

5. ryanlowry
    oh what the heck these ppl ....

6. BobG55
    [​IMG]

7. Spareribs
    599780CC-583A-4148-8EA1-7A64528FE3BF.jpeg