Somebody build me an amp!
Nov 7, 2002 at 5:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ablaze

1000+ Head-Fier
not gonna DIY man, I know absolutely, and I mean absolutely NOTHING about electronics and soldering and what not.

And I've asked the regular guys, and they're all pretty swamped with orders..so its either gonna take a long while, or they're not gonna do it at all
frown.gif

so I'm asking for a hand here, who's confident with his amp-building skills and wouldn't mind giving a fellow newbie head-fi-er a hand.

budget's approximately $100 +/-
gonna be using it with a AT ATH-A900 (Impedence: 40Ù,Max. Input Power: 2,000mW,Sensitivity: 101dB)
any recommendations? can I get a META42 with a design like this?

and importantly, anybody willing to help make me one and send it over to singapore? I'll gladly pay for all costs, and "labour costs" as well as shipping!

Nov 7, 2002 at 6:01 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by ablaze
not gonna DIY man, I know absolutely, and I mean absolutely NOTHING about electronics and soldering and what not.

And I've asked the regular guys, and they're all pretty swamped with orders..so its either gonna take a long while, or they're not gonna do it at all
frown.gif

so I'm asking for a hand here, who's confident with his amp-building skills and wouldn't mind giving a fellow newbie head-fi-er a hand.

budget's approximately $100 +/-
gonna be using it with a AT ATH-A900 (Impedence: 40Ù,Max. Input Power: 2,000mW,Sensitivity: 101dB)
any recommendations? can I get a META42 with a design like this?

and importantly, anybody willing to help make me one and send it over to singapore? I'll gladly pay for all costs, and "labour costs" as well as shipping!

$100 +/- is more than enough for a META42 amp.

But I'm not sure is S&H will fit in there.

Like I said, if you can wait out a little. I can get a META42 equivalent done somewhere between 16th and 21th November. That's my long break between papers after most of them are done. Haha....

No service charge but kopi-si is a must!

Nov 7, 2002 at 1:06 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by N@Z
Meta42 equivalent? Care to elaborate what exactly you are planning to build Dreamslacker?
confused.gif

Just a Multiloop, buffered op-amp, headphone amp..
redface.gif

I can't call it a META42 since it's not the Tangent PCB. So I call it an equivalent since it's based on the same schematics except that I modified some values here and there to accomodate for the lack of some parts in Singapore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back