Somebodt stop me
Jun 13, 2004 at 8:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

stark23x

100+ Head-Fier
I'm awaiting a custom PPA delivered. I have a great MINT and an excellent Headsave MiniMe.

I DO NOT NEED A SUPERDUAL.

Convince me not to buy it. PLEASE.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 13, 2004 at 8:24 AM Post #2 of 17
well xin has insane development cycles; anything you buy is sure to be outdated soon. also with an amp that small you could easily lose it. and maybe it's a lot of money for something that small. and what if the battery goes bad?

but trying to get you not to buy it would go against the spirit of this place, would it not... so why not go ahead and try it and see how it is. after all, we could do with another review
tongue.gif

Jun 13, 2004 at 8:47 AM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by grox
but trying to get you not to buy it would go against the spirit of this place, would it not... so why not go ahead and try it and see how it is. after all, we could do with another review
tongue.gif

Wow 4 posts and he's got this place's number!
biggrin.gif

Stark23x,

Do you feel like the MINT or MiniMe are falling short performance wise? I think you might get more bang for the buck if you were investing in something higher end to diversify more. Maybe a nice PPX3 to balance out your solid-state amp?

Jun 13, 2004 at 1:37 PM Post #4 of 17
If it helps your decision, I'm sure the ladies would like an amp that doesn't look like a plastic toy. Besides, who cares that it sounds like heaven if it looks cheap?
I'm placing my order for some Bose speakers today!

Jun 13, 2004 at 6:03 PM Post #5 of 17
stark23x said:
utdeep said:
If it helps your decision, I'm sure the ladies would like an amp that doesn't look like a plastic toy. Besides, who cares that it sounds like heaven if it looks cheap?
Well if you don't need a superdual, I guess the answer is clear: go get yourself a portable Larocco PR or SR-71.

Jun 13, 2004 at 8:26 PM Post #6 of 17
actaully i just bought a headphone with very high impedance and need an amp that can power it. why dont you lend me your mint for a while and buy the superdual for the time being.

(sorry this was the opposite of what you asked for)

Jun 13, 2004 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by stark23x

Convince me not to buy it. PLEASE.
smily_headphones1.gif

If you buy it you'll be beaten severely by ballbat wielding ninjas.

Jun 14, 2004 at 2:34 AM Post #9 of 17
g palmer wrote:"Maybe a nice PPX3 to balance out your solid-state amp?"

I would like a nice heafty bank account to help balance out my wallet.
Why is this place so wallet unfriendly???
rolleyes.gif

Jun 14, 2004 at 2:42 AM Post #10 of 17
ppl is working on another portable discrete project, there is no much info about it yet, so keep your heads up....this will be another option....

Jun 14, 2004 at 3:29 AM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbert
Save your money for your next inevitable upgrade.

I guess then you would be waiting forever.. given that Xin keeps improving his amps all the time..
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 14, 2004 at 3:59 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by utdeep
I'm placing my order for some Bose speakers today!

I agreed with you until you mentioned Bose
tongue.gif

Jun 14, 2004 at 5:46 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
I would like a nice heafty bank account to help balance out my wallet. Why is this place so wallet unfriendly???
rolleyes.gif

But an empty wallet will balance perfectly against an empty bank account, a full bank account would not, which is sort of the basic principle this site runs on.
tongue.gif
Oh and this site is very wallet friendly, it gets them lots of use!

Jun 15, 2004 at 6:34 AM Post #15 of 17
You are all evil. I'm going to order one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Now if that PPA would just get here as well...

This place is the DEVIL'S WORK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back