Some questions about the LCD-2 (Revision 2)
Nov 29, 2013 at 7:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kilspeed111

Aka: Esme
Hey guys,

Before reading further, please keep in mind that i'm a basshead.

I'm thinking about getting an Audeze lcd2.2 in about a half year. I know it's still a while, but I gotta save up for them (the price tag is quite huge).
The headphone I got at the moment is a beats pro detox (Don't hate me please, I know they suck for what i've paid for, that's the reason I'm getting the Audeze).
I don't have the chance to listen to an Audeze LCD2, or any Audeze headphone in that matter. Here isn't a single shop I can find in the Netherlands (The country i live in) that sells any Audeze headphones, that's why I'd love to have the following questions answered:

Where should I buy them? I can't find any shops in the Netherlands.
The beats pro detox have a HUGE amount of bass, which I do enjoy, do the LCD2.2 have the same amount of bass, or more/less?
Also, i've heard the wood in the headphone cracks sometimes. How often does this happen? And if it cracks, can i still use it, or will i damage it even further?
And a question i've asked a while ago, but too bad no-one was able to answer at the time: what's a good cheap amp for it? (I can't really tell a price, since this will be the first amp i'll ever own, i'm an audio newb compared to you pro's)
Another question: What general source should i use? Will a laptop hooked up with an amp do the job? If not, please give me some examples.
And the last question: How would it sound if i directly hooked it up with a laptop? If you need any info about the hardware that's inside it, just ask me and i'll take a look.

I hope you guys can answer my questions! Thanks in advance :)

PS: Please explain things like I'm 5, like i've said earlier I'm an audio newb compared to you guys.
PPS: Don't be afraid to post a wall of text, I'd love to receive a very detailed answer!

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 7
Bump

Dec 6, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #3 of 7
Anyone..?

Dec 6, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #5 of 7
Less bass. Need amp. Crack rare. Polish your wood. Laptop no. Cheap amp JDS O2. Search button good.

Thank you very much for answering my questions :)
I do apologize for asking a question that has been asked multiple times, but i just couldn't find any threads that had the same questions :frowning2:.
Oh is this the amp you're talking about?
http://www.jdslabs.com/products/35/objective2-headphone-amplifier/
And do you have any idea what source will do the job better than a laptop/ipod?

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #7 of 7

Sorry for the late response, but i don't really get what a DAC is, i've searched the forum a bit and found that it means a Digital to Analog Converter.. But what does this mean? And is it something like an amp that i need to buy and hook up with the headphone?

:) Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back