1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Some issues with the Cowon Plenue D

1. Hyaku
    Hello !

I'm pretty new here, but i seek your help. I'm having some minor but still annoying problems with my new Plenue D. Firmware is 1.17 (latest), i have a 32 gigs micro sd (SDHC) card in there.

First of all, my albums are duplicated, some up to 5 times in the album section. They hold the same music (like 3 songs), and some of the other songs are not even referenced, but i can still find them using the search.

I've tried formatting the card several times and following some tutorials here concerning a samsung SD card that wasn't recognised, but it didn't help. Every time i deleted and copied the music back, it seemed it was getting worse. I haven't tried putting it on the internal memory yet. I used MP3tag to add the info to the MP3, so i'm pretty sure it's not because of a misstype :/

Then, concerning the search, or renaming the playlists, anything with the keyboard : if i switch to caps, it won't switch back to small letters, and same with numbers. It's pretty annoying. Is it a known software bug ?

I would be really glad if someone could help me on the first issue, as i prefer browsing by album. Thanks a lot !

2. Derek Thomason
    Although this player has great sound, I have had all kinds of software problems, especially in playing by album. Cowon aren't much help