Some good bass IEM's for under a 100 pleassseeeeee.
Aug 25, 2010 at 11:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

jf2oo6

New Head-Fier
Hey guys I need some help.  I am very new to IEM's.  So pretty much like the title says.  I need a set of iem's that have good bass, but also sound good in the other areas too.  I will be mainly using these at the gym, but I dont run or anything mainly just weight training.  I would like to stay under $100.  Please give some suggestions that will fit my needs.  

Thanks guys!!

Aug 25, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #2 of 24

Quote:
Hey guys I need some help.  I am very new to IEM's.  So pretty much like the title says.  I need a set of iem's that have good bass, but also sound good in the other areas too.  I will be mainly using these at the gym, but I dont run or anything mainly just weight training.  I would like to stay under $100.  Please give some suggestions that will fit my needs.  

Thanks guys!!

The Sennheiser CX300 is really bassy, Klipsch Image S4 is bassy too.

Aug 25, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #3 of 24
UE SF5EB, V-Moda Remix, Vibe II, CKS70, Turbine, Hippo VB and FX500...........

Aug 25, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #4 of 24
I would like to add the FA Eterna onto that list =).  Though its not the best for detail and stuff, its supposed to have a really fun sound signature.  I fully agree with that statement, but i cannot compare with the other stuff in the list as i don't have those earphones (other than Eternas of course =P).  But from what I heard about the VBs, the difference between the two is that VBs have more highs and is more focused on the sub-bass while the Eternas is more focused on mid-bass.

Aug 25, 2010 at 2:31 PM Post #5 of 24
Im listening to some Hip-Hop right now..............Sony mdr-xb40exs are great for bassy music.  Sounds like Im standing in the center of a nightclub dance floor. 

If that is what you are looking for, these IEMs deliver. 

Good luck. 

Aug 25, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #8 of 24
So I think I can narrow it down to the Klipsch S4, the sony XB40EX, or maybe the Panasonic HJE900.  But the sony seem kind of on the cheaper side of things.  The prices I saw are around 40.  I know thats not such a bad thing, but I believe you get what you pay for.  Also the shape of them is very different.  How do they do with staying in the ear?  

And also someone mentioned something about cable tangling.  That seems to be something that annoys me in the gym.  How do the 3 of these compare when it comes to that?  

Also out of those 3 which would you guys say would be the best buy and sound.

Aug 25, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #9 of 24
I would buy the cheapest of the 3 for the gym. Reason being, during your activities, you may damage/break your headphone or cable. Being the cheapest, it would be easy and cost effective to replace.

The Sony's flat cable is excellent, I can attest because I own the XB300 and XB500. It would be my choice of cable for gym and activities due to it tangling less than a standard cable.

Well, just to say, the Sony's are going to have LOTS of bass. If that's what you like, great. If you prefer a little less, you can always EQ through the MP3. I'll have to say my vote goes to the Sony.

Aug 25, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #10 of 24
The HJE900s are not a very good choice for the gym. They are durable but on the heavy side and not exactly silent in terms of cable noise. Of all the earphones mentioned here I'd go with the Eterna for the gym. In the $40 range I'd recommend the Meelec M6 - great cables and plenty of bass.

Aug 25, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #11 of 24
^ Wow. I cannot believe I forgot to recommend the M6... and I own them!
redface.gif

Nevermind... The M6 is in fact a very good choice for the gym. They would definitely stay in your ear better than the other three mentioned. Not only do they wrap around your ear, but they insert deep enough that it also makes it hard for them to fall out.

Recommended for Shure. (pun very much intended)
tongue.gif

Aug 25, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #12 of 24
The M6 are pretty shallow inserting at least for me when I had them. They would be a good cheap option for the gym. They have very well built, good cables and will last a long time. If anything goes wrong their company has great CS and I do mean great. They have one of the best CS I've ever experienced. For gym use it has a memory wire which means it will stay in place so you don't have to worry about them falling out of your ears and dropping on the floor.

Eterna could also be a good choice but it is more expensive. The cables are not as good but they aren't bad either. There is no US dealer however so you would have to buy them from Canada which is the closest. Shipping would take a little bit longer than if you bought the M6 unless you find one in the FS forums. The other places are Russia or Singapore. The Eterna I have is a bit different than the one currently out there since mine was the previous version but I've been told both of them are quite similar. It does sound good however and better than the M6 that I had.

Aug 25, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #14 of 24
Have you been reading CNET's review on the S4?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Anyway, do you not consider the M6? If not, I would prefer the "cheaper" headphone for the gym. You never know when an accident will happen.

Generally speaking, the Klipsch has better SQ overall than the Sony.

Quote:
rawrster said:

The M6 are pretty shallow inserting at least for me when I had them.

Agreed. The medium tips have standard insertion, but the tri-flange seemed to go quite deep.

Quote:
rawrster said:

If anything goes wrong their company has great CS and I do mean great. They have one of the best CS I've ever experienced.

Indeed. Their customer service is absolutely incredible! Really something different.

Aug 25, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #15 of 24
Ok guys i know i didnt say this before, but im not really interested in an over the ear iem.  I like the standard style. 

And yes i did read the cnet review.  lol Why you ask??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back