some cops aren't too careful about their guns
Mar 29, 2006 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JahJahBinks

Headphoneus Supremus
Policemen and Policewomen in U.S. carry handguns in public. A cop losing his/her gun basically means losing his/her life, if you observe carefully you will see that their guns are not buckled up in the holder and safety is likely in OFF position, they are simply in the state of "point and pull" mode, so it is important for them to protect their weapons in public places. I am not a cop and I have never been to police academy, but from what I have been observing all these years many things just seem like common sense. For example when you see a cop entering a fast food restaurant during his (he is used as a gender-neutral pronoun in the remaining of this post) lunch break, he usually get a good glimps of everyone inside first (this is a way of knowing your surroundings), while he is in the process of getting in the line and waiting to be called, most of the time he usually puts his dominant hand a few inches away from his gun. After he receives the food, he would sit down at a table near a corner of the room and have his back facing the wall so it is impossible to have someone else eating lunch behind his back, this way it prevents the possibility of someone stealing his gun while he's eating sandwitch using both of his hands. I am very certain in police academy they tell you where to sit and where not to sit in public places. Sometimes cops take lunch back to their car, maybe he's expecting duty calls, maybe he feels uncomfortable eating inside the restaurant, whatever the reason a cop must exercise caution in public places. But do they ever f'ck up? You bet. Humans are bound to make errors.
Last time I was in a movie theatre I was nagivating through the crowd in the lobby area (where they sell popcorns) and I spotted a policeman standing about 3 feet from a structure pole supporting the ceiling, he was about 5'10, 170lbs, white, probably italian, in his mid-30's. His gun was placed on his right side with buckle open (as usual), and he was f'cking holding his cellphone with his RIGHT hand. His hand was at least 17 inches away from his gun. As I was walking towards the theatre inside I realized he was a few feet away from me and I would walk right into him if I don't step away. Due to the large crowd at that time, just as I walked right past him he turned his body about 120 degrees clockwise and his gun almost brushed against my belt. We had eye contact for a very brief moment then I disappeared into the crowd. At that whole time he had absolutely no protection on his gun whatsoever. I don't know whom he was talking to but I certainly hope he would value his life more in the future.

Mar 29, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #2 of 4
I'd say please link to examples of cops having their guns taken from them. I'd bet statistics show the numbers are very very low.

Mar 29, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #4 of 4
This strikes me as a bit too political and I'm locking it. If I or another moderator thinks better of it, we'll re-open the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back