Yes
post-15753903
Post #1 of 8

me2621a

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi guys,

A&S Product Page: https://ampsandsound.com/products/kenzie-ovation

An incredible deal alert, you are getting a 3 month old like new Kenzie Ovation (a $4950 amp), for only $25 less then a new Kenzie Encore (remember ampsandsound charges for shipping), the amp comes like new with a never used set of National Union 1626s (what came with the amp) and never used Sylvania 12SL7 (what came with the amp).

Amp with a single set of tubes: $2575.00 plus shipping
Amp with all tubes listed: $2800.00 plush shipping
Amp with all tubes listed and a ampsandsound balanced power conditioner: $3000 plus shipping
(The balanced power conditioner is heavy so shipping may be in the $200 range with this option, an exact quote will be given to any interested buyers).

The amp features 20 watt low inductance output transformers, Jupiter caps, 5 headphone impedance (8,16,32,100,300), speaker binding posts, and a input gain switch (0 and -5dB) for handling hotter sources.

Having owned, and recently sold a pair of the Suolo Monos, I can say this amp outperforms them. This is not surprising as the Suolo uses 10 watt transformers and a smaller choke. This amp has some of the best and most textured base I have ever heard in an amplifier and is a dream with ZMF headphones, the HE1000SE, the Utopia and Stellia, and several other headphones as long as there efficiency is greater then 89db/mW (For example Abyss 1266 Phi sounds good but is on the edge, and Susvara owners should probably not buy this amp, it sounds ok but is not the right pairing). This is the quietest amp that ampsandsound has ever created, and it is the most powerful Kenzie coming in just under 500mW on the 8ohm tap.

The amp itself is in perfect shape, I do want to point out that there is a screw on the choke that did not have perfect coverage during painting. It came this way from ampsandsound and I have attached the professional photos that ampsandsound took of my unit before it was sent to me to show that it came that way from the factory. You cannot notice it when you are looking at the amp but I like to be complete in my description. With that in mind the amp is in perfect condition, and works flawlessly.

One other thing to point out is that I ordered this amp without onboard volume control, it is a headphone power amp. This was my preference and is the way I configure all of my amps from ampsandsound because I use a Chord Dave and Hugo 2 and they have excellent built in volume control. Adding volume pot in the signal path is not necessary in my case so I avoid doing so. However I know that does not work for everyone so when speaking with A&S owner, his recommendation was to order a Sys which is equivalent to the inline volume pot, and has the bonus of including two extra inputs. A Sys including shipping is $75 and still makes this amp an incredible deal. I was bundling a Sys, but at this price a Sys will not be included. I do have a higher quality external volume control that I am willing to sell with this amp (at a major discount), just PM me for details.

I have a large collection of tubes for this amp that I am happy to sell with the amp (just add the prices next to the tubes to the total), remember the amp comes with 1 pair of 1626s and the Sylvania 12SL7.

Extra Tubes Available Are, these can also be purchased separately:
1. 3 pairs of Tung-Sol 1626 output tubes (6 tubes in total), these are incredibly rare and are considered the best output tube for this amp - $60 per pair

2. 1 pair of Tung-Sol 1626 output tubes that may be microphonic, I use incredibly sensitive headphones, so I have included them as if you use something less sensitive you may not hear it - $30

3. 3 pairs of NOS Hytron 1626 output tubes in the original packaging (most consider these to be the second best output tube option) - $50 per pair

4. 11 matched pairs of 12b4A output tubes (22 tubes in total) and one pair of 12b4a to 1626 adapters. These output tubes almost double the output power of the Kenzie, and will push them amp past 700mW with ease. - All 22 tubes with 1 set of adapters: $150

5. 5 2C52 Input tubes, 3 are Raytheon, 2 are Taylor, all are new old stock, all are made by Raytheon. These are considered by ampsandsound to be the best 12SL7 out there, with a mu of between 90 and 100 it is the only 8 pin true equivalent of a 12ax7. They sound great, and come in the original boxes. - $35 per for Raytheon Labels, $25 per for Taylor Labels

6. 2 black glass tung-sol NOS 12SL7s, one does have a broken key, all original boxes, all brand new (I broke the key like a dummy when I was testing the tube In my AT1000) - Tubes sold as a set for $50.

All tubes can be packaged with the amp for $2800 total with tubes including Paypal fees, shipping will be a passthrough expense, likely around $130 as the large peloton case wieghs well over 60 pounds.

The amp is in perfect condition, I would give it a 9/10 to be conservative, but it has sat on my shelf and has only been moved for these pictures. I am selling this to simply consolidate, it is a second amp and sadly I do not find myself using it enough to justify keeping it.

All original packaging is included, the amp ships in seahorse hard case, and the case weights when packed around 60 pounds. Shipping within the continental US is extra but both pricing options include Paypal fees. Shipping again is likely around $130 based on my experience shipping amps of this size. An exact quote will be given to intrested buyers. At $2575 including paypal fees and $2800 including a life time supply of NOS tubes, I don’t think you will get a better deal.

The fancy photos are of my actual unit. I have included less fancy photos that I have taken as well so you know exactly what you are getting.

Price for the amp Includes Paypal, but not shipping, shipping will likely be arround $130 based on weight and size of shipping these amps, but I can get a quote for you if you want it.

Price for the tubes separately do not include Paypal and Shipping. Let me know what you want and I will get you a final total.

If you buy this amp, tube tubes, and an ampsandsound balanced power conditioner (listed In a different listing on head-fi), I will sell the package at $3000 plus shipping (which is 50% off of the balanced power conditioner).

This pricing is only good for this week (week of the 28th). After Friday I will be increasing the price back to $3300 for the amp with a single set of tubes. I am reducing the price this much as I have to go to my storage unit on Saturday (which is where the packaging for this amp is), I don‘t want to make multiple trips and I want to get the amp out of my house.

DSCF7568.JPG
DSCF7569.JPG
DSCF7570.JPG
DSCF7571.JPG
DSCF7572.JPG
DSCF7573.JPG
IMG_0078.jpeg
IMG_0079.jpeg
IMG_0083.jpeg
IMG_0084.jpeg
IMG_0085.jpeg

Last edited:
post-15759849
Post #2 of 8

me2621a

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Weekend bump, current pricing is just for the weekend. You are getting one of the best tube amps with a life time tube collection for nearly 50% the cost of a new unit.

post-15768257
Post #4 of 8

me2621a

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Bump, special pricing for this week only. I don’t need to sell this amp, but it will be very convient to sell it this week. Priced less then a new Kenzie Encore with Paypal included, this is likely the cheapest your ill ever get this amp. Justin Weber of ampsandsound described the sound of this amp as “perfect” after it was built. Unless you are driving a Susvara, this is the perfect amp for you.

post-15768274
Post #5 of 8

ScornDefeat

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Utterly wishing I didn't just get a Pendant last month...what a deal.

post-15775030
Post #6 of 8

me2621a

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Bump, again open to reasonable offers, I want this amp to find a new home. I will be increasing the price and splitting out the tubes starting next week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)