USD
Price
post-15676375
Post #1 of 8

sherm137

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Price: $800 shipped CONUS

Selling my Borealis headphones to help pay for some speakers I am buying.

These are in great shape and I upgraded the headband to newer Hifiman one ($40 value). The original seat belt headband wasn't comfortable for me but the Hifiman fits perfect and I could wear it all day with no issues. If you would like, I could change out the headband before sending.

These are about 3 months old. I am the second owner, and the first owner had them for about a week. They have less than 50 hours of time on them.

Included in sale:
  • Headphones
  • Original headband
  • Hifiman headband upgrade
  • Original cable
  • Case
  • Warranty Card
NOTE: I am only shipping to CONUS right now unless you want to pay full shipping and insurance to your country because it will be very expensive with the size of the case.

NO TRADES PLEASE :)

20200613_210018[1].jpg20200613_210030[1].jpg20200613_210044[1].jpg20200613_210106[1].jpg20200613_210132[1].jpg20200613_210242[1].jpg20200613_210354[1].jpg20200613_211610[1].jpg

Reactions: sa11297
post-15687743
Post #3 of 8

sherm137

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I needed to sell some headphones off, just had too many. They sounded really good but they weren't my favorite. The build was fine minus the headband. A $900 headphone shouldn't have such a bad headband system, especially when you consider the driver is really cheap to buy. There is easily enough margin in the MSRP to build a much better headband.

Reactions: Hifiboi69
post-15701455
Post #4 of 8

PacoTaco

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I needed to sell some headphones off, just had too many. They sounded really good but they weren't my favorite. The build was fine minus the headband. A $900 headphone shouldn't have such a bad headband system, especially when you consider the driver is really cheap to buy. There is easily enough margin in the MSRP to build a much better headband.
The driver being cheap is kinda irrelevant. The driver they use is actually on the expensive side (as drivers, even the HD800, aren't all that expensive and most rarely break $10.) The rest of the build of the headphone costs a lot more than you'd think and they're not making as much profit as you'd think.

post-15701695
Post #5 of 8

sherm137

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
The driver being cheap is kinda irrelevant. The driver they use is actually on the expensive side (as drivers, even the HD800, aren't all that expensive and most rarely break $10.) The rest of the build of the headphone costs a lot more than you'd think and they're not making as much profit as you'd think.
Unless you have facts on that, I disagree. I know how much a lot of those materials actually cost. The driver being cheap is 100% relevant, especially considering it's one you can buy off the shelves and not something developed.

I've spoken with plenty of headphone makers, too. I have a pretty good idea what a headphone costs to make.

Not sure why you are chiming in so late on this thread. There's no reason for you to be commenting here unless someone sent you.

post-15701734
Post #6 of 8

PotatoWhisperer

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Unless you have facts on that, I disagree. I know how much a lot of those materials actually cost. The driver being cheap is 100% relevant, especially considering it's one you can buy off the shelves and not something developed.

I've spoken with plenty of headphone makers, too. I have a pretty good idea what a headphone costs to make.

Not sure why you are chiming in so late on this thread. There's no reason for you to be commenting here unless someone sent you.
I actually agree to some extent about some of the things you said about the headband. However, it's kind of weird that you're accusing someone of being sent to your post. Paco's comment didn't even seem too overly malicious or mean spirited. I feel like it would've been a lot more mean spirited if he was "sent" by someone. And it's not like it was sent a month out. He might've just been looking for the headphone, saw your post and caught your comment. That's why I'm commenting. The thread really should be closed though. Have you reported it to have it closed?

post-15701739
Post #7 of 8

sherm137

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I actually agree to some extent about some of the things you said about the headband. However, it's kind of weird that you're accusing someone of being sent to your post. Paco's comment didn't even seem too overly malicious or mean spirited. I feel like it would've been a lot more mean spirited if he was "sent" by someone. And it's not like it was sent a month out. He might've just been looking for the headphone, saw your post and caught your comment. That's why I'm commenting. The thread really should be closed though. Have you reported it to have it closed?
I believe I did mark it for closed. Will double check.

His comment may not have been malicious but it served no purpose other than to start an argument/create drama. It was 100% unnecessary. That's why I suspected other motives

post-15701756
Post #8 of 8

PacoTaco

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I believe I did mark it for closed. Will double check.

His comment may not have been malicious but it served no purpose other than to start an argument/create drama. It was 100% unnecessary. That's why I suspected other motives
That wasn't the purpose of my post (which, honestly, you would have no idea what the purpose of my post is unless I say what it is.) I simply disagreed with something you said when I stumbled into this thread while searching for something. Not everyone who disagrees with another person's opinion is trying to create drama, and it's a bit unreasonable to jump straight to that.

Reactions: banda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)