United States
Or Best Offer
Yes
post-14484314
Post #1 of 3

Feilong4

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
As in the title, I'm looking to sell these quick so send me offers and I'll consider! Not necessarily looking to trade at this time however.

--------------------------------

Sony MDR-V7
Asking: (Pending sale) 130 USD inclusive of shipping and PayPal fees within US (or best offer!)
Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/JhsFH9v

Information about the MDR-V7:
Production began in 1987 and ended around 1992. The biggest draw (at least for me) is that its driver is made of amorphous titanium rather than PET/mylar (used in most headphones today) in the V6. The left and right indicators are gold colored rather than blue for left and red for right on the V6, 7506, CD900ST, etc. The words on the headband are golden rather than silver on the V6, 7506, CD900ST, etc. Basically, it's a very special model from the golden age of Sony where they experimented with more exotic materials on the diaphragms. They perform still perform very well in comparison to modern headphones. Its bass has a very unique texture to it that makes them very fun to listen to - I have yet to hear this from any other headphone. Last thing to mention is that the CD900ST is NOT the same as the V7 - I've seen some mention this on various forums; different diaphragm material: amorphous titanium vs PET/mylar.

Condition:
Excellent condition considering its age. Very minor nicks along the edges of the earcups. One small imperfection on top of the headband. Underneath the headband has some lines but isn't flaking. There is a very small rip on a lower part of the cable - there is no exposed wiring and should still last a very long time. Minor cosmetic imperfections on the "for Digital" stickers. Those are the only cosmetic notes that I can see - all imperfections are pictured. Most headbands I've seen on other V7's have heavy flaking and scratching on the earcups.

Earpads are authentic and like new - I bought them off of Amazon about 2 months ago with little use. I replaced the urethane tuning rings about a month ago. Without the rings, the bass and the lower midrange is reduced. Does not come with its 1/4" adapter. Comes with just the headphones.

Modded Fostex T20 (1970s model, referred to as the T20v1 or T20v0 on forums)
Asking: 60 USD inclusive of shipping and PayPal fees within US (or best offer!)
Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/1J4U0BP

Information about the Fostex T20 (1970s model):
One of Fostex's very first orthodynamic/planar magnetic. This particular model seemed to be aimed towards recording studios for its flat and uncolored response. I like these older Fostex's more than modern Fostex's (though I haven't heard the T60RP). Extremely well built and designed. No creaking unlike in modern Fostex's. These are becoming increasingly harder to find since they're mostly thrown around in the studio and were probably trashed.

Condition:
Very good condition. Some parts of the top of the headband have some marks that might be able to be cleaned off. The right side has some engraving(?) on it. The old cable pooped out so I ripped off the cable off of a Yamaha orthodynamic headphone (which btw is a pretty nice cable).

About the mod: I have Shure SRH1540 earpads on them. I did a number of internal mods on them in working with different damping schemes. The result is better bass extension and more warmth.

Mods are reversible and you can play around with them if you want! The drivers don't have to be desoldered to mod the earcup. The driver is attached to the front baffle and the back earcup is separate which makes modding very easy. Stock earpads are included.

Included:
- The modded headphones with Shure SRH1540 earpads
- Stock earpads

From a smoke-less and pet-less home.
Feel free to PM me any questions about the headphones!

Last edited:
post-14485711
Post #2 of 3

Pahra

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi! I’m interested about the V7 if still available. MP tomorrow.
Thx!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)