1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SOLD

Trader History (50)
  1. flinkenick
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    • Anywhere
    I am putting my modded WM1Z for sale. The modification consists of replacing the Kimber cable with PW Audio 1960 8-wire cable for the balanced output (which is normally a $3900 HP cable), and 4-wire for the single end. Furthermore, they replace the 4.4 female socket with a high quality Pentaconn, and use a high grade precious metals solder. They also add isolation of inductor coils and capacitors with shielding products from Japan (Oyaide and fo.Q). More info Music Sanctuary page (link).

As a result, the WM1Z undergoes a transformation in performance and signature. The resolution and transparency increases, as does its stage dimensions. However, the signature is also more neutral with a touch of sparkle in its treble. It retains the deep and powerful impact of the bass, but the midrange is a bit less forward, and the treble timbre is brighter. So, it trades some of the warm, 'analogue' sound for a more precise, detailed, but neutral and slightly less romantic sound perhaps. This is also in part because I added a black and red Telos sticker package. Believe it or not, both fine by me. Just mentioning it's there, not interested in discussion. Twister6 recently reviewed something similar (link). I can't say what the effects are since I only heard the modded Sony with the stickers.

The original pricing is as follows:
    WM1Z ($3200)
    K-Mod ($650)
    Telos stickers ($220)

I am selling the player for $2350. This includes $120 paypal fees and $30 international shipping, so I am netting $2200. Please do us both a favor and don't send me lowball offers.

Comes with original box and accessories.

1Z_mod_2.png 1Z_mod_3.png

linux4ever and Overkill Red like this.
  2. proedros
    i wish i had
    the money to buy this
    beautiful baby

a haiku for a wm1z that will probably be sold very, very soon (oh man i am drooling here)

LAcruisin and flinkenick like this.
  3. linux4ever
    PMed

4. bvng3540
    You just bought 1a with premium plus and still want this:ksc75smile:

5. linux4ever
    Yes. Both. :)

6. proedros
    well this was a bargain , especially if the buyer was located in EU (great price +no taxes)