1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SOLD

Trader History (6)
  1. theoutsider
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    • Anywhere
    2.5mm balanced output with powerful amp

dsd512 32bit 768hz

dual DAC decoder chip and circuit

i will pay for shipping.

IMG_20180818_171204.jpg
    IMG_20180818_171257.jpg
    IMG_20180818_171303.jpg
    IMG_20180818_171319.jpg
    IMG_20180818_171336.jpg

2. theoutsider
    bump

3. theoutsider
    bump

4. fsacks
    I just got one of these on Saturday. Great sound for so little $$$. I'm impressed that they had the sense to use USB C. Who could have imagined even 1-2 years ago that this would be available.

GLWS. No brainer.

theoutsider likes this.
  5. Hifiearspeakers
    Can this be powered by a smartphone? Or does it draw too much power?

6. fsacks
    I can't say. I just got it a couple of days ago and used it with my Macbook Pro and Audirvana software.

I'm sure it depends on what you ask of it. if you expect a USB powered dac/amp to deliver DSD sounds for any length of time you might be asking a bit much from a smartphone.

7. theoutsider
    It works with laptops or desktops, windows, mac and even raspberry pi. To work with your smartphone, you might need a USB splitter for it to draw phantom power from the second USB slot. Unfortunately your smartphone will not be able to power up Sabaj Da3 on its own.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    Hifiearspeakers likes this.
  8. theoutsider
    so far I think Sabaj Da3 is the cheapest way to have 2.5mm balanced output (two DAC chips and two sets of opamps) LOL

fsacks likes this.
  9. stmiller
    It's an excellent little device. Yes, it can be powered by smartphone (s7edge). The best way i use this is with a usb splitter cable connected to a portable powerbank which routes power to the dac (but doesn't charge my phone unfortunately). Balanced output is preferable, excellent sound for so little $$$

theoutsider likes this.
  10. theoutsider
  11. fsacks
    This review was what actually motivated me to try the DA3. Quite an eye opener from a standpoint of objective information.

12. theoutsider
    bump

13. theoutsider
    bump