1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Sold

Trader History (35)
  1. tomcourtenay
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    Euro
    Price:
    Ship to:
    • Anywhere
    For sale a WM1Z modded by Music Sanctuary (Project K) 8 wire premium mod.

Im the first owner. unit itself has 1 year (2 years warranty) and was modded on January 29 2018.

In mint condition with all accessories, receipt plus crystal tempered glass and Benks TPU Transparent Case.

Price: 2100 € (includes shipping but no PayPal fees)

No trades, no Lowball, please

A link for the mod (its the premium one, worth 899 SGD=600 EUR)

https://music-sanctuary.com/products/1960s-mod-wm1-zx300

And a review:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sony-nw-wm1z-wm1a.815841/page-1139#post-13891971

72CA31F6-0A20-4BD7-9873-B8B2E530E616.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    gannjunior and tenedosian like this.
  2. tomcourtenay
    Up!

3. proedros
    GLWS , i hate to be the 'bad guy' here but isn't warranty voided since you had a 3rd party modification (from MS) ?

4. Whitigir
    Warranty can’t be voided. Warranty can be expired, but technical assists have to be provided by Sony when there is problems. If the player is still within warranty time, the services done required by Sony may incurred service charges upon the user, where as if the player was completely stock and manufacturing defect happened, the service and charges are covered by Sony 100%

5. tomcourtenay
    And Mod is reversible (i have all the pieces changed, the jack and the Original cables)

6. proedros
    i have the impression that warranty is honored by SONY unless there have been modifications by other parties

it has been mentioned in other daps threads where such modifications have taken place

this is why i am asking the seller , cause he says this is still under warranty - where i think that if this needs a repair/replacement SONY would not probably grant one free of charge

cheers

tenedosian and 3294 like this.
  7. tomcourtenay
    Price Drop!

8. tomcourtenay
    Last price drop before withdraw!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  9. mt-hifidelity
    Still around for sale?

10. tomcourtenay
    Back for sale

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  11. tomcourtenay
    Up and price is 2100 €, now...

12. mt-hifidelity
    Can you characterize the difference in sound quality between the modded WM1Z and the original?

13. tomcourtenay
    proedros likes this.