1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SOLD Woo Audio WA5 1st gen w/ tubes

Trader History (10)
  1. Zhanming057
    Type:
    For Sale or Trade
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    •   United States
    Best offer:
    Yes
    Up for sale is a Woo WA5 1st gen in black with the internal upgrades. This is not the LE and has the 8w speaker taps. I bought it from a Headfi member in August and am selling it in the same condition that I received it with the same extra items. I love the SQ of the WA5 and owning this amp is something I wanted to do ever since I got into the headphone game about a decade ago. That said, I've decided to consolidate around a system driving the Mysphere 3.2 (as opposed to the Utopia/1266 phi) which really needs a high-density solid state amp, and the WA5 is a little euphoric and too spacious for the Mysphere.

Condition wise I would rate it as a 9+: there are some tiny use marks but nothing visible without close examination. Comes with the following tubes and extra:

- Shuguang 300B and 5U4G
    - Sophia Royal Princess 300B, Princess 274B
    - Sylvania 6SN7GT
    - Ken-Rad 6SN7GT NOS
    - Brimar 5Z4GY NOS
    - Ted Weber WU4GB solid state recitifier
    - Extra 18-inch umbilical chord in addition to the 12-inch stock one, allowing the two amps to be oriented vertically.
    - Generic power cable

Asking for $3,450 OBO for the entire set, inclusive of Paypal and not inclusive of shipping. Only selling it as a set. Shipping cost will depend on location and it will come in three boxes. A local sale in Boston is highly preferred because of the weight of the item, and I'm happy to work on the price if you can pick it up in person.

Trades interested: KSE1500/1200, HD800/800S/K1000, u18t, Tia Fourte, other TOTL IEMs.

Photo:
    https://i.imgur.com/KDRQtmw.jpg (I airbrushed the wood block here but the amp condition is as represented)
    https://i.imgur.com/EUWHYs8.jpg

Other stuff I'm selling:
    - Ultrasone Edition 9

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  2. Zhanming057
    Bump. Still available.

3. Zhanming057
    Bump

4. bluebyte60
    Look nice!

Zhanming057 likes this.
  5. Zhanming057
    Bump again.

6. Zhanming057
    bump. Updated with extra image.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  7. Zhanming057
    Bump. Updated trade interest list.

8. Zhanming057
    Bump. Updated trade list. I managed to sell some stuff locally so not in need of as much cash for these in a trade. Mostly interested in the K1000 but willing to consider top-tier UIEMs.