SOLD: Stax SR-003 (headphone only) - PRICE SLASHED
Jul 8, 2008 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

antonyfirst

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm selling my Stax SR-003 (ear speaker only) having now gone to the portable SR-001 MkII.

I have noticed that the SR-003 can act as an antenna near noisy electric sources, and pick some interferences. This usually happens to me when I use them near the computer. The hum mostly comes from the fact that the SR-003 is a capacitive load with a non-isolated cable. It can be resolved often enough by just moving the cable or pushing the headphone deeper into the ear and readjusting it helps immediately. It is not atypical for either problem to occur in just one ear, but both can be resolved easily and fairly quickly by methods described above.
I have talked with other SR-003 owners and this phenomenon seems to be due to intrinsec design.
There's still much variability between SR-001/SR-003's, My portable Stax, for example, has more "farts" occurring but the low level hum comes less frequently.
The price is now slashed to 110$, reflecting this condition.

Shipping takes 3-5 days to Europe, 5-7 days outside Europe, and won't undergo any custom fees.
I'll provide the tracking number.

Price, again, is *SOLD*110$*SOLD* shipped and paypalled worldwide.

Thanks,
Tony

Jul 9, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #3 of 18

el_matt0

1000+ Head-Fier
I believe Larryminator was looking for a pair about a week ago because he was leaving on a trip, but he might have already left!
frown.gif
Try pming him perhaps...

Users who are viewing this thread