Price
Shipping Destinations
  1. North America
Or Best Offer
Yes
Mar 8, 2018 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Soundsgoodtome

Headphoneus Supremus
April 3rd update: Due to some tremendous hospital bills, I have to part with this now for sure.
Also the two ties on the cable are acting as a buffer stress relief, they are not repairs. They can be removed but I would recommend keeping them on as they actually work!

As a bonus incentive to purchase before May, if you purchase between today (April 11th to May 1st) I will include a Like-New, Open Box KEF M400 on-ear headphone. This bonus disappears May 1st.

*Scroll down thread for actual picture of headphone and amp. (jump to pics)

I am putting up for sale my amazing, wonderful, exciting Stax Sigma E-Stat Earspeakers bundled with an SRM1 MK2 Pro energizer. To put this into perspective, people have sold their SR007/SR009 units and have been replacing them with these vintage units. Sigmas only go on sale once in a blue moon, not as rare as the Sony R10 or the Senn Orpheus but close! The headphones are in very good condition, given possibly an conservative 7.5 out of 10 in condition (probably could pass for 8-8.5 out of 10 for some). It doesn't have that new look but also doesn't have wear marks you'd expect from something out of the 70/80s; besides pads maybe but even those are decent shape.

The energizer works great, definitely on the warmth for tuning. A little look into the specs will show that this amp was one of the last models before they lowered the voltage on the newer models. Pairs well with neutral to bright sources; leaps in sound with a tube preamp or dac with tube stage. The energizer has dual volume control, with the ability to adjust left/right individually. This also works with other Stax phones, as it has both home and pro plug. (The Sigma E-Stat itself is normal bias)

Price shown is for both units combined. Shipping will be $30 via FedEx insured and tracked to CONUS. INTL shipping possible, please pm me with your zip code, city, state/province, and country.
I would be willing to sell the amp away from the headphones for $500 plus shipping. Price includes PP fees; if it helps you buy the set, I'd be willing to consider trades that get me $1300 in funds.

Pics are further down this thread. (JUMP TO PICS)

Attachments

• Sigma.jpg
    Sigma.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 0
  • srm1mk2.jpg
    srm1mk2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Stax rs sigma.jpg
    Stax rs sigma.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 17, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #9 of 13

Soundsgoodtome

Headphoneus Supremus
Having second thoughts after hearing this paired with the Hugo 2, the set is let's say a tube away from being sublime. I may need to explore a tube energizer instead of a preamp while I have the headphone (which took forever to find one)... this hobby :thinking:

SALE ENDED FOR NOW!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread