[sold] Stax Lambda Nova Signature (mint)
Type
For Sale
Currency
Euro
Price
Shipping Destinations
  1. Anywhere
May 10, 2020 at 10:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

padam

Headphoneus Supremus
Good day, everyone. I am continuing to minimise my equipment, here is another piece:

SR-Lambda Nova Signature

nova1.jpg nova2.jpgnova3.jpg

This pair is in outstanding condition, I would conservatively rate them 9/10, no wear on the headpad or earpads, apart from a new old stock pair (and with renewed pads), I don't think you'll find a better one, early S/N (before the first bankruptcy, so it is built better than afterwards) The sound is clean, clear, light, unoffensive, relaxed with a high level of detail, and very good imaging for a Lambda.

Price: [sold] (includes shipping and PayPal costs)

I also have an extension cable and a spare Nova Signature headband as well, if someone is interested, also excellent condition.
PM me if you have any questions, feel free to check my old and new feedback, and thanks for looking.

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #4 of 8

padam

Headphoneus Supremus
The noise floor is lower on the SRM-T1S (partly because it has XLR input as opposed to RCA and partly because the older transformer on the SRA3S is not as quiet)
Otherwise, they are pretty similar-sounding amps, the original Toshiba tubes on the SRA-3S have a slightly warmer sound than the RCA tubes on the T1.
The SRA-3S is still an excellent little amp when properly refurbished(great little phono pre-amp built-in as well as a bonus, the NB Lambdas sound great with vinyl as well).

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #5 of 8

100+ Head-Fier
Thanks for your help! I’ll eventually find a SRA-3s. They are Hard to find at the moment. One of my sr-Lambdas is modded with the fiber glass removed. Which has more dynamics and bass? Im guessing T1s... I use a srd6sb at the moment and love it with my Emotiva basx

May 26, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #6 of 8

padam

Headphoneus Supremus
I guess you mean the damping wool? I think it sounds best as originally intended, so with the damping in place.
Yes, they are rare but the SRM-T1, T1S, 006t all show up from time to time and they sound pretty similar as I said, the SRA3S has slightly more bass, but less controlled (again, not a big difference, a speaker amp may have better dynamics, but not nearly as clear)
Just PM me if you have more questions to avoid spamming the thread, thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread