[SOLD] Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC (black chassis 1st gen)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Trader History (12)
  1. captblaze
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    •   United States
    I understand the market for this DAC has hit rock bottom, but I am putting this up for sale.

$1,350 shipping (lower 48 US) and PayPal included

PM with questions about device

Smoke / Pet free home. in storage and waiting to ship

Will personally deliver within 150 miles of Chicago if necessary

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. streamline
    So a b-stock latest-gen Yggy, with 5 year warranty, is $2200 + shipping. The USB 5 + Analog 2 upgrade is $700 + shipping. For used gear that is more than a few years old, depreciation is pretty severe, but Yggy is probably a little better, say 70% of new. So "rational min" for your gen 1 Yggy is around $850 + shipping. But price analysis vs b-stock isn't totally fair as b-stock isn't always available, so against the normal list of $2400 + shipping, that would bump up the used price to around $1015 + shipping. But that's still not fair as it's not taking into account stock buyers -- the folks who don't want the upgrades, or at least don't want them immediately.

So you best bet would be to find someone who doesn't want the upgrades and get $1400 - $1500 I would think. If it was $850 to $1000 you'd have strong demand as that price will make the upgraders compete with the stock buyers. A rational seller would want to sell to the stock buyers as that would net them the most dollars, so I bet that means $1400 would sell eventually.

Of course, you could always not over-think the problem and drop the price $50 every week until it sells.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    inmytaxi and quanghuy147 like this.
  3. captblaze
    you logic is spot on. It is a buyers market and I don't understand why Schiit chose the pricing model they did. It absolutely took value from the first gen market. They obviously are taking a gamble on how this plays out for future purposes, but hey its their party...

As for my Yggy...

I truly no longer wish to own it, so I might be willing to make some compromises in terms of how much I will accept as long as it reflects reality

4. captblaze
    bump -

5. captblaze
    sale pending

6. captblaze
    sold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.