1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

[SOLD] Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC (black chassis 1st gen)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Trader History (14)
  1. captblaze
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    •   United States
    I understand the market for this DAC has hit rock bottom, but I am putting this up for sale.

$1,350 shipping (lower 48 US) and PayPal included

PM with questions about device

Smoke / Pet free home. in storage and waiting to ship

Will personally deliver within 150 miles of Chicago if necessary

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  2. streamline
    So a b-stock latest-gen Yggy, with 5 year warranty, is $2200 + shipping. The USB 5 + Analog 2 upgrade is $700 + shipping. For used gear that is more than a few years old, depreciation is pretty severe, but Yggy is probably a little better, say 70% of new. So "rational min" for your gen 1 Yggy is around $850 + shipping. But price analysis vs b-stock isn't totally fair as b-stock isn't always available, so against the normal list of $2400 + shipping, that would bump up the used price to around $1015 + shipping. But that's still not fair as it's not taking into account stock buyers -- the folks who don't want the upgrades, or at least don't want them immediately.

So you best bet would be to find someone who doesn't want the upgrades and get $1400 - $1500 I would think. If it was $850 to $1000 you'd have strong demand as that price will make the upgraders compete with the stock buyers. A rational seller would want to sell to the stock buyers as that would net them the most dollars, so I bet that means $1400 would sell eventually.

Of course, you could always not over-think the problem and drop the price $50 every week until it sells.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    inmytaxi and quanghuy147 like this.
  3. captblaze
    you logic is spot on. It is a buyers market and I don't understand why Schiit chose the pricing model they did. It absolutely took value from the first gen market. They obviously are taking a gamble on how this plays out for future purposes, but hey its their party...

As for my Yggy...

I truly no longer wish to own it, so I might be willing to make some compromises in terms of how much I will accept as long as it reflects reality

4. captblaze
    bump -

5. captblaze
    sale pending

6. captblaze
    sold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.