SOLD: Philips CitiScape Uptown (PRICE DROP)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type
For Sale
Currency
USD
Price
Jun 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

manveru

Headphoneus Supremus
SOLD my Philips Uptowns. I bought them new in May, though I haven't really been using them very much as of late. A few fingerprints if you look closely, but other than that basically in like new condition. Comes in the original box and packaging. I'm asking $100 shipped CONUS and I will absorb PayPal fees. For international buyers, I'll need some extra money for the higher shipping cost. I am rather firm on the price, and not interested in trades. The stand in the pictures in not included :) Thanks!

Jun 11, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #3 of 7

manveru

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:
I like the design of these.  Can you please describe the sound briefly?  Are they bass heavy?  Any comparison to AH-D1100's?

No not bass heavy. I would say above "neutral," but well integrated into the sound. It extends nice and deep, moderate punch. Mids have nice separation from bass, clean. I think the treble is just a little bit over-bright, but I'm especially sensitive to that sort of thing so others may not see it that way. The soundstage is really good, surprisingly so. As for the D1100s, sorry I've never heard them.

Jun 25, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #4 of 7

Lux Nocte

100+ Head-Fier
If the prices on amazon rise before I can get my current headset sold, I will go ahead and buy it here. It is up on a 7-day bid right now, but the range between buy now and the starting price is quite short, so I am sure they will sell soon.

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #5 of 7

manveru

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:
If the prices on amazon rise before I can get my current headset sold, I will go ahead and buy it here. It is up on a 7-day bid right now, but the range between buy now and the starting price is quite short, so I am sure they will sell soon.

There is a sale pending with another Head-fier right now, I'm just waiting for him to respond to my last PM. I'll let you know what happens.

Jun 27, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #6 of 7

manveru

Headphoneus Supremus
In case anyone was wondering, the Head-fier I was referring to in the post above still hasn't responded. If he still doesn't write back, zrhaskell is going to buy them if he gets some money in the next few days. So the status of these is kind of in limbo. If  anyone else is interested, feel free to PM me and I will let you know if these other deals go through or not.

Jul 2, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #7 of 7

manveru

Headphoneus Supremus
Another update for the record. Still no word from that original guy. I'm assuming he lost interest. zrhaskell's deal didn't go through, but there's still a possibility he will buy them depending on certain circumstances.

Still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread