1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

[SOLD]: Mr. Speakers Aeon Flow Open

Discussion in 'Headphones for Sale / Trade' started by Justin0505, Feb 28, 2018.
Trader History (7)
  1. Justin0505
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    • Anywhere
    Best offer:
    Yes
    *********SOLD**********

I'm the 2nd owner. 1st owner listened to them a couple times them put them back in the case. I've put maybe 50hrs max on them and can't see any damage or defects. They've always been either hanging on a stand, on my head, or in their case since I've owned them. Clean, smoke and perfume free indoor use only,

They come with everything: cardboard box, carrying case (never used except for shipping), info paper, headphones, a little foam block (that keeps the pads from pressing together or compressing when not in use), "DUMer" cable with 1/4" and 1/8" jack, EXCEPT for 2 pairs of the tuning inserts (they have the white 1 notch ones with them). The guy that sold them to me forgot to put them in the box. I've contacted MrSpeakers and they are happy to send replacement inserts for around $20 including shipping. I preferred them without the pads and found them to respond very well to EQ. Still, I've priced them taking the cost of new tuning inserts into consideration. The cardboard box has some scuffs and wear on it, but is still perfectly functional.

My plan was that these would be my end-game HP for a long long time and that my next upgrades would be for my work cans. However, I spent too much time on the HP Sale forum looking for closed cans, and came across a deal that I couldnt pass up on some LCD-4's...
    So now I've got a hole in the wallet to fill and these have to go.

I really do love them, I agree with everything said about them in the positive reviews and think that the are (for me) the sweet spot in the price vs performance equation. Getting headphones objectively better in ever aspect requires a huge jump in price of 2-5X and even then it's really small increases in performance.
    For me there's absolutely nothing objectionable about the sound. I've heard some opinions that the mids are "veiled" but if these have a VERY slight "veil" then the HD650's have a wet wool blanket over them.
    Detail retrieval/resolution, speed, and separation are things that I'm most sensitive to when listening and I think these did a better job than even my ety-er4xr. The Focal Utopia's are the only things I've listened to that I found to be noticeably better in that aspect.

Build quality is outstanding. I have very large ears (HD650's didnt fit over them and where intolerable to me) and the Aeon's do fit completely over / around them, but it's a close fit for me. I assume most people will have plenty of room.

I'll pay shipping to CONUS via USPS, buyer pays PP fees.

20180303_171810.jpg 20180303_171725.jpg 20180303_171635.jpg 20180303_171554.jpg 20180303_171240.jpg

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  2. ADM996
    PM'd.

3. Justin0505
    20180303_171542.jpg 20180303_171516.jpg 20180303_171507.jpg 20180303_171457.jpg 20180303_171516.jpg 20180303_171507.jpg 20180303_171457.jpg 20180303_171457.jpg 20180303_171320.jpg

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  4. Justin0505
    Pics added, all PM's responded to. Still available.

5. Justin0505
    Just to clarify, the high-gloss dark, slightly glittery finish on these is very hard to photograph without a light box. It looks excellent in person, but shows lots of reflections in photos.

6. Justin0505
    Price drop.

7. Justin0505
    Final Price drop.
    I'll be out of town for the first half of next week, here's a little incentive to get these in the mail before I leave.

Additional clarification lighting and contrast on the photos make the pads look more creased than they are. The protein leather and memory foam are exceptionally soft and melt onto your head and seal very well. I like them better than any others I've tried including the old lamb-skin alpha pads.
    However, part of the secret to making the pads very compliant seems to be not over-stuffing them so they're not packed firm. This combined with very flexible pl means that they show every wrinkle in certain lighting. The pads easily have 95% of their life left in them and are spotlessly clean, but it bothers you, buying brand-new ones would still have your total cost well below $100 off retail.... and then they'd be indistinguishable from new.

Also considering selling my idsd bl: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ic-ifi-idsd-micro-black-dac-amp.874100/

They pair well together if by chance you want both, I would offer the money you save me on shipping as additional discount.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  8. eTHE2
    Still available?

9. kendetamas
    still available?

10. Justin0505
    Sorry, sold.