SOLD: Modded ART DI/O w/ NEC CD-ROM
post-755980
Post #1 of 8

the terabyte

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I need to free up some cash for my pursuit of analog perfection and as such have decided to put my self-modded ART DI/O up for sale. I have had the unit for probably about 6 months now and it has never hiccuped or displayed any unsavory behavior in that time. It looks as new on the outside, other than the RCA jacks and power switch, of course. I still have the original box and possibly the paperwork if I can dig that up (not that it's even close to under warranty at this point). At any rate, the mods are as follows:
  1. Stancor 3.4A wall wart
  2. RCA outputs, attenuated to line levels with hand-matched metal-film resistors
  3. Powersupply diodes replaced with shottky-type
  4. Toggle power switch added to back
  5. All ADC components removed (tube, tube power supply parts, opamp, etc)
  6. Output opamp replaced by a gold-plated socket with an LT1362CN
  7. Output caps jumpered
  8. Digital board oscillators "dampened" with blue tack
I'll also include a single IC i've been using for SPDIF as I won't be needing it anymore. It's a Belden 89259 affair with bullet plugs, made by Heartland cables (wrapped in black techflex, w/ heatshrink boots). I never had any sync troubles with it, the DI/O, and my Sonica. I'd like $250 for the lot, shipped UPS or Fedex (international orders welcome, please inquire about shipping). PM is preferred for contact, questions that you feel may be relevant to others should be posted in-thread.

Bonus: I'll throw in my NEC 602 CD-ROM drive and cartridges, guess I won't be needing that, either.

head-fi feedback

ebay feedback

post-766285
Post #6 of 8

Lostlamb

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
terabyte,

still available? ygpm.

Thanks,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)