Sold: MisterX Dynalo
Nov 25, 2008 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

David Mitchell

100+ Head-Fier
Update: the Dynalo is sold.

I've decided to sell my Dynalo; a Headfive works better for my current situation. I don't dare hook it up again, though, because I'll change my mind about letting it go!

This Dynalo was built for grandenigma1 by MisterX. I bought it from GE last year (see thread). It has two pairs of RCA input jacks and one pair of RCA output jacks, so it can be used as a preamplifier. (I don't know which pair of jacks is which; I needed only one input and used the center pair of jacks. I didn't want to risk scratching or stripping something by opening it up to check.) The power supply is an Elpac wall wart.

front.jpg

rear.jpg

power.jpg

I would like $190, including shipping (in the contiguous U.S.), paid via PayPal. I have one feedback post here, more on eBay.

Nov 25, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #4 of 10

JamesL

1000+ Head-Fier
Because the loop-out is essentially tied to the input.

What the loop out does is basically bypass the amp, and take the signal directly from the input.
The two can pretty much be used interchangeably.

Nov 26, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #5 of 10

David Mitchell

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because the loop-out is essentially tied to the input.

What the loop out does is basically bypass the amp, and take the signal directly from the input.
The two can pretty much be used interchangeably.

Ahh. I was thinking of it as a loop input, which didn't make any sense. So it's a second set of jacks in parallel (?) with the first set. Makes sense to me now.

Nov 27, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #7 of 10

David Mitchell

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by aamefford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know what the gain on this unit is? Looking to drive both HD580's and shure se530's. Yeah, I know, two ends of the spectrum.

I'm sorry to say that I do not know. If we're really lucky, MisterX might jump in again with an answer.

Nov 28, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #9 of 10

David Mitchell

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IIRC the gain was set to 6.
(sorry, can't tell for sure from the pics)
The resistors that set the gain are socketed so......

Thank you again, MisterX! It looks as if it would be possible to pull out the circuit board and get a picture if I were to unscrew both end panels and managed to slide the back panel through the case along with the board, but I don't want to try it.

Users who are viewing this thread