SOLD: MAXED PPA with Glassman buffers + STEPS + APureSound recable (Favorite SS Desktop amp)
Jul 30, 2008 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

FallenAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
SOLD, PPA is going to Paris!
smily_headphones1.gif

Hey guys,

Funds are running out in my prototyping budget so I very unfortunately having to sell some gear. I am my PPAv1 amp with Glassman buffers (similar to PPAv2 buffers, but I like these more), best amp I've ever owned until the Beta22 and I've sold my other PPAv2 + STEPS to keep this.
  1. Single-box solution - Black Hammond case, black knob, Neutrik 1/4" output modded "non-locking", RCA input
  2. Glassman buffers with the sweet Toshiba transistors
  3. OPA627/OPA637 opamps
  4. Alps RK27 POT (Blue Velvet)
  5. STEPS PSU
  6. AK[zip] recable in APS (A Pure Sound) wire
  7. Elna Cerafine PSU caps
  8. Vishay Dale resistors

You won't find an amp that will come close to being this good anywhere in this price-range so I'm not expecting this to last very long. It kicks butt over every other solid-state amp I've ever heard except the Beta22.

Price is ONLY $300 including PayPal fees and Priority shipping within US.

Photo:

Jul 30, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #4 of 7

FallenAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the STEPS in a separate case or did they some how manage to stuff a STEPS in a case that doesnt look much bigger than a PPA PCB?

STEPS is inside the same case; dimensions are : 9" x 6.5" x 2.5".

It is still available, there is interest, but nothing confirmed.

Jul 31, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #5 of 7

rhythmdevils

Headphoneus Supremus
I used to own this amp, and can attest to it's beauty. The rewiring job by AKzip was flawless, he even gathered the internal wires together and sleeved them so that when you open up the case, it is super clean- you don't see wires going everywhere. It sounded wonderful when I owned it, natural but totally crisp. And being in Pavel's (fallenangel) hands can only be a good thing.

Aug 1, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #7 of 7

FallenAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
Very weird, I can't believe this is still available. There is interest but no confirm yet. If this isn't sold in the next few days, I'll likely sell my CKK-III for almost the same price and keep this for work!

Is it just that people don't know much about the PPA design? It's a 3-channel design with a fully discrete output stage, class-A biased. It driver any and all headphones I've ever used and sounds gorgeous. I have not found a better solid-state amp except the Beta22, but that's 3x the price.

Users who are viewing this thread