1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

[SOLD]: HifiMAN HE-6 only 5months old and perfect condition, accessories included

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Trader History (10)
  1. Timestretch
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Hi all. I have a fine set of HE-6 planar magnetic headphones. They are pretty awesome, but I've sort of decided that I like certain other things more than headphones and haven't been giving these the attention they deserve. Might as well sell it off and recoup expenses, right?

I ordered these from Head-Direct on Janurary 31, 2012. I received them promptly and have taken excellent care of them, storing them on a sennheiser headphone holder when not in use. They are in the exact same pristine condition as they were when I purchased them brand new only 5 months ago. I have only used the leather earpads - the velour are still in their bags totally untouched. Also, I have a carrying case thing that says HifiMAN -- never used. The headphones fit very nicely in this case. 

I have shaky hands and only have a smartphone as a camera, so I apologize if the pictures are not as high quality as a professional might provide. But, please let me know and I will take more pictures in different lighting environments if you think that's cool. 

I don't have too much to say about these -- they are the best headphones I've heard except for the LCD-3 (those are really nice in my opinion), and the bass is great and everything sounds very clear and smooth and precise, etc -- they are top-flight headphones, of course they sound great!  

Don't be too put back by all the nay-sayers who say you need a mega-amp to power them at all, these actually sound pretty good out of a Benchmark DAC1, sound great out of a Schiit Lyr, sound perfectly fine out of an old class a stereo receiver, etc. They are hard to power, yes, but their infamy is (in my own opinion) a little bit exaggerated and they will sound great if you have a strong amplifier.   

I'll cover shipping costs for this and send it via UPS (with whatever various protections and high quality packaging they offer, etc). 

I am also going to sell my Schiit Lyr (that's sold).   

Lastly, let it be known that I'll take reasonable offers for these. 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.