SOLD!!! HF-1 (reasonable price, unreasonable conditions)
Apr 13, 2006 at 8:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

spaceconvoy

1000+ Head-Fier
[size=small]Please read all conditions before you PM me, thanks. [/size]

The Good:

Serial number 469, purchased in this most recent sale and just arrived last Friday from Todd. They have ~110 hours of burn-in, with only about ~20 of those hours on my head. They are in mint condition, exactly the same as I received them and include the original box and paperwork, of course. You also get a bonus 1/4" to 1/8" adapter because I won't need it anymore.

As much as I really want to like these, I've found that the Grado sound is just not for me, and I want to get them into a good home. I don't want to make a profit (*cough* someoneelsewho'ssellingtheirsrightnow,notgoingtona menames *cough*). This is a hobby for me, not a business, so all I'm asking for is what I paid for them. $220 plus shipping will allow me to recoup all my costs. Reasonable, no?

The Bad:

Now for the unreasonable part. If you read the Member's forum, you'll know that I feel strongly about geographic inequality in the For Sale forum. So, since there's been a recent spate of high-end Grados being offered only to US buyers, I'm offering this pair to non-US buyers only. Canadaian, Central and South American, European, Asian, African, Australian and Antarctic buyers only. If you live in the US, tough luck. Please do not PM me, I will just ignore it.

Also, while I'm not concerned with making a profit, I am concerned that these go to someone who will appreciate them. So these are not offered on a first-come first-serve basis - I reserve the right to discriminate against any buyer for any reason. This isn't a police interogation or anything, I just want to make sure you're a legitimate part of the head-fi community (not just some new-comer looking to make a buck *cough*), and that you don't already have another HF-1.

The Details:

So, PM me if you're interested and I'll make a decision probably by tomorrow. I'd prefer a straight Paypal account transfer (no credit cards, no fees), but if you don't have a Paypal account let me know how else you can pay and we can negotiate. I'll ship either Fedex or regular post office, however you like (no UPS because their office is far away from me). I'm not going to risk skimping on insurance and tracking, so I expect shipping will be around $20, maybe $30.

Apr 13, 2006 at 9:15 AM Post #2 of 3

sub

100+ Head-Fier
ah this is the spirit....ygpm
smily_headphones1.gif

And thank you whether I get it or not, you're a hero man.

Apr 13, 2006 at 10:25 AM Post #3 of 3

spaceconvoy

1000+ Head-Fier
Thanks for the support guys, but please keep the discussion to a minimum as I don't want this thread shut down.

To those who have PM'ed already: I'm going to bed and I won't start responding until morning, so please be patient for now. To everyone else: If you really want them, don't worry about not being the first to PM or any such nonsense. I'll still be taking offers until morning. Thanks again everyone for the interest.

Users who are viewing this thread