Sold: Grado RS1i (EU)
Oct 11, 2009 at 12:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

spahn_ranch

100+ Head-Fier
Sold locally

I'm selling my RS1i, second owner; first was wovenhand. I have put some 550 hours on top of his 30 hours, and at this stage both my RS1 and HF2 are matured and I'm keeping the HF2. They're cosmetically in exactly the same near mint condition as when I received them from wovenhand. Sonically they're better now as they were still raw after his 30 hours.

The extension cable is sold, and my new asking price for the RS1i without it is SOLD picked up in Stockholm. Shipping is an extra 327 SEK within EU, with tracking and insured to the full amount. That of course allows for very careful packaging, and expect nothing less with these. Shipping is slightly less inside Sweden; more outside EU.
I prefer bank transfer (easily managed with IBAN number within EU), or Swedish Payson Guarantee which is akin to PayPal with buyer/seller protection, in which the buyer is automatically charged a small percentage for the service. Non-CC PayPal is fine too.

The only feedback I have at Head-Fi is from that deal, so I'll do what I can to earn your confidence. In reply to PM you will get my residential address in the southern Stockholm area and my phone number. You're certainly welcome to send me a snail mail envelope and ask me to identify the contents, and I'll be happy to do that over the phone. Standard procedure for lack of solid feedback and longstanding membership, as far as I'm concerned. Send me a message through one of my tradera.com auctions too. I personally passed up an RA1 deal because the seller didn't reply to my request of a snail mail ID.

My Head-Fi feedback
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f12/spahn_ranch-440609/
My Swedish ebay (tradera.com) feedback, mostly as a seller (profile: haujobb)
Köp och sälj på auktion & till fast pris på Tradera. Nya auktioner idag!
My ebay feedback, as a buyer only so far
eBay Feedback Profile for spahn_ranch
wovenhand's Head-Fi feedback
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f12/wovenhand-240897/
wovenhand's FS of these RS1i (note the cable pics)
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f10/so...-rs-1i-437093/

At request I'll list them at tradera.com as a "buy it now" for your extra confidence. That entails a fee of 100 SEK which I'll cover.

First pic below is a family shot with my name in it just to further show that I'm for real.

3998826249_8fd9a1f7b5_o.jpg

3995565748_1018102e65_o.jpg

3995564348_518d991097_o.jpg

3995565128_5afcf664a0_o.jpg

Oct 14, 2009 at 10:17 AM Post #4 of 19

spahn_ranch

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amarphael /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow... A VERY nice looking pair. I can hardly believe you chose HF-2 over these beuties. Are all RSi Models that attractive?
biggrin.gif

Cheers. While I haven't seen any other RS1i, only demo pairs of buttoned RS1, I guess this is about as good as they look. Probably 9.8/10 condition with satisfyingly deep color tones in the wooden cups. Most of their hours they haven't been actually used, but only burned in, and with music on moderate levels with pauses between the hours. No noise or sweeping waves or other "heavy massages".

I find HF2 are such great phones for electro, and that weighs in heavily on my personal choice between the two.

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #5 of 19

spahn_ranch

100+ Head-Fier
Regarding trades inquiries:

I'm not looking for more phones at the moment, and the next phones purchase is possibly the JH13 but not soon. If anything, the Hifiman 801 (UK chip) could be quite interesting in a trade, maybe a (specifically no-button and no-button only) Rega P3-24, but for now and over x-mas nothing other than that as far as hifi.

European PlayStation 3 Slim 120 or 250 GB could also be a trade object (also very specifically: Slim and European, nothing else, so that I can use its harddrive for recording tv). I'd be buying one new anyway by the turn of this month.

That should be about it as far as stuff. Of course, if you want to trade a kingdom and a princess, let's talk.

Edit: I'll talk to wovenhand again regarding receipt. I don't know where he bought these from, and didn't think to ask. He mentioned sending me the electronic receipt but it seems I'll have to remind him.

Oct 17, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #8 of 19

spahn_ranch

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by tahvanainen88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how about 3,360 SEK + Shipping?

This is a regular FS, not an IC and no I won't and I shan't consider that offer.

To disperse any confusion related to the asking price, these are neither in the slightest defective nor in the USA; they're alive and very well in EU with taxes paid for.

Oct 18, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #10 of 19

spahn_ranch

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:

please explain "IC" and "FS" im new. actually im from your beloved neighbouring country
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh yes that's right, the blue and white shirts, I've seen them. They scramble up a hockey team and show up to beat Norway. As you're a new member, maybe I'm the one who extends the Head-Fi standard greeting to you: Welcome and sorry about your wallet!
wink.gif

IC that's Interest Check abbreviated; FS is For Sale. Regarding your offer, I simply disregard it as more like "tyre kicking" which you may find in IC's. I think you'll find my asking price not at all unreasonable compared to other RS1/RS1i within EU. From the USA you can always get them cheaper, and then of course factor in any taxes and duties on top of that, or take the risk of having them shipped uninsured.

Hope that helps, and let me know if you come up with other questions, and of course you're welcome to use PM as well. I'm just a hop, a step and a jump away from the ferry, and if you take that ride, I'll be accessible for a meet-up with the phones at short notice. Either with you or else maybe someone you know in Stockholm.

Thomas

Oct 18, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #11 of 19

tahvanainen88

New Head-Fier
Oh Norway is no competition... Sweden is our arch enemy in ice hockey
biggrin.gif
. I didn´t see a lot of european rs-1/rs-1i:s here but there were a pair of rs-2 in germany that this guy "DynaMike" was selling for a reasonable price. offcourse i´ve been a memeber of head-fi for just a day. But i understand the high price if you paid for them as much as you´d have to pay for them in Finland, however 636,50e (VAT included{6,579.92 SEK}) for me, is way too much (poor students starved wallet
wink.gif
)

Oct 18, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #12 of 19

spahn_ranch

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Oh Norway is no competition... Sweden is our arch enemy in ice hockey
biggrin.gif
. I didn´t see a lot of european rs-1/rs-1i:s here but there were a pair of rs-2 in germany that this guy "DynaMike" was selling for a reasonable price. offcourse i´ve been a memeber of head-fi for just a day. But i understand the high price if you paid for them as much as you´d have to pay for them in Finland, however 636,50e (VAT included{6,579.92 SEK}) for me, is way too much (poor students starved wallet
wink.gif
)

Norwegians, yeah seen one. Nevah forget. They speak funny though don't they. Oh wait, nevermind
biggrin.gif

636 Euro is probably a chunk for most people these days, but if you actually can find new RS1i in Finland at that price then that's, as far as I know, exceptional for Grado prices in EU.

Oct 18, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #13 of 19

tahvanainen88

New Head-Fier
636 euros is what your rs-1s would cost with the 22% vat included
wink.gif
since in EU there propably wouldn´t be any other taxes. and what comes to norwegian language.. sounds a lot like swedish to me
biggrin.gif
but then again, all scandinavian languages are quite odd (gotta love finnish tho
wink.gif
)

Oct 18, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #14 of 19

spahn_ranch

100+ Head-Fier
Re: VAT, copy/paste:
What is a taxable person?

For VAT purposes, a taxable person is any individual, partnership, company or whatever which supplies taxable goods and services in the course of business.

However, if the annual turnover of this person is less than a certain limit (the threshold), which differs according to the Member State, the person does not have to charge VAT on their sales.
In my experience and to the best of my understanding of the above, within EU, no percentage of anything should apply on top of the asking price. As far as these RS1i or anything else this year, I'm not a VAT kinda person.

Thanks qwerty and thanks Al Gore for the internet; finally us Scandilanders and Northeners can talk to and actually understand eachother. Even Icelanders. Not sure about Danes, but what can you do.

Users who are viewing this thread