1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SOLD - FS - Audeze Sine w/Cipher & standard cables

Discussion in 'Headphones for Sale / Trade' started by rantng, Oct 1, 2018.
Next

Last
Trader History (99)
  1. rantng
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    •   United States
    These are back up for sale. Original ad here - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sold-fs-audeze-sine-w-cipher-standard-cable.887428/ After selling these, it was discovered these have the known "crinkling" issue. Basically, air gets trapped between your ears and the earcups. The air pressure can cause the drivers to flex leading to a crinkling sound with certain head movements. Apparently this happens with planar drivers, not just Audeze. Some drivers are affected more than others and it varies from headphone to headphone. I did a quick search and it turns out this is actually a documented issue. Audeze themselves have acknowledged this. The driver isn't affected and music sounds fine. I used these mainly while sitting during my subway commute so I never experienced it. The previous buyer for these used these while on-the-go & walking so it was more apparent to them so I accepted a return. If you're not using these on-the-go it shouldn't be an issue. The certificate of authenticity shows these were manufactured on 7/27/16. Audeze offers a 3 year warranty on the drivers. With that said, I don't know if this issue is covered under the warranty, but rather than go thru the whole process of trying to get an RMA, I have discounted these further. Otherwise, these are in excellent condition with no more than 40 hours. Price includes shipping (CONUS only).

IMG_0606.jpg IMG_0610.jpg IMG_0611.jpg IMG_0612.jpg IMG_0614.jpg IMG_0619.jpg

2. rantng
    Bump with slight price drop

3. rantng
    price drop

4. rantng
    bump

5. rantng
    Bump

6. rantng

7. rantng
    bump

8. rantng
    Bump

9. rantng
    asdf

10. rantng
    These are no longer for sale. I decided to finally contact Audeze and they are going to be replacing the drivers under warranty, even though I didn't purchase these from them or from an authorized dealer.

trellus likes this.
  11. rantng
    These are back up for sale. I received these back from Audeze a few weeks back and they have been sitting in the box ever since. I have to give a shout out to Audeze. Total turnaround time from them receiving them and sending them back was maybe 10 days. The only cost to me was shipping them to Audeze. They fixed/repaired the drivers and everything looks/sounds good as new, no driver flex whatsoever.

trellus likes this.
  12. rantng
    Bump

13. rantng
    bump

14. rantng
    Price drop

15. rantng
    Bump

Next

Last