1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

[Sold]Fostex TH-X00 Mahogony /w Dekoni Sheepskin Pads and Attenuation Rings [Price lowered]

Discussion in 'Headphones for Sale / Trade' started by Robinhook, Nov 2, 2017.
Trader History (26)
  1. Robinhook
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    • North America
    Dear Head-Fiers,

I have a pair of Fostex TH-X00 Mahogony for sale. This is one of the first 1000 in production, serial # 00987. Got it from the first owner here at Headfi in early 2017. Cosmetically they are in great shape, with very minor signs of normal usage. I've wrapped the headband with protector sleeves while using, so the leather is free from dust. A few points to note:

1. The original user has decided to mod the cable since they are too long. He cut it into 1.5 meters, and installed a 6.35mm plug from "Vampire wire". The parts and installation was in great quality, no loose connection or any issues noted. I actually found the shorter cable more convenient in desktop setting usage.

2. This unit will be sold together with an extra pair of Dekoni sheepskin earpads designed specifically for TH-X00, plus the attenuation rings, price included these items. I bought them on Massdrop and they cost $60. I have tried the Brainwavz angled and ZMF Ori before the Dekoni. Brainwavz changed the sound too much and I returned them. Ori sounds better than Brainwavz but not as good as Dekoni, however was more comfortable and spacious, so I still kept them. Dekoni with the attenuation rings was the perfect balance between comfort and sound, almost identical sound with the original but way more comfortable. If the buyer is interested to get the ZMF Ori pads too, it's +$30.

3. Will come in the original box, carrying case included. 6.35 to 3.5mm adaptor was not provided to me by the last seller so it's not included.

Will ship to CONUS, price includes shipping and Paypal fee. Thanks for looking.

Robin
    Image-1.jpg Image-2.jpg Image-3.jpg Image-4.jpg Image-5.jpg Image-6.jpg Image-7.jpg

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    cskippy likes this.
  2. Robinhook
    Bump, price lowered.

cardeli22 likes this.
  3. Robinhook
    Bump. Is TH-X00 out of popularity this quickly?

4. Robinhook
    Bump.

5. Robinhook
    Sold!