1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SOLD: Final FI-BA-SS (A&K AKR02 - $1,395 new)

Discussion in 'Headphones for Sale / Trade' started by jwbrent, Nov 18, 2018.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Trader History (44)
  1. jwbrent
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    • Anywhere
    D427D264-1652-4A3E-AAD4-71190BD75548.jpeg

Hi everyone,

I’m making a couple Massdrop purchases, so in order to help fund them, I’ve decided to sell these fantastic IEMs.

This is the Astell&Kern AKR02 which is a customized version of the popular final FI-BA-SS balanced armature design. The difference between the two is that the AK includes a removable cable and a very nice leather case with the serial number stamped on a chrome plate ... and Made in Japan notated. Finally, AK had these tuned by final to have a bit smoother top end (the FI-BA-SS is known for its highly detailed top end).

They sold for $1,395 when they first came out, but I’m offering them for $499 plus shipping and PayPal. I’m the original owner and bought them brand new about 18 months ago.

They are in perfect working order and cosmetically in excellent condition. The one issue is the original copper cable turned green due to the copper oxidizing, so I replaced the cable with a JAYS of Sweden copper cable used on its top end IEM that uses the same SSMCX fittings. I actually preferred the sound of the JAYS cable since it was less edgy in the trebles. Also included are two new pairs of foam tips that should fit just about anyone.

I have perfect feedback with over 30 transactions, so purchase with confidence.

upload_2018-11-18_16-47-49.jpeg

2. HiFlight
    YGPM!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.