SOLD: BIG PRICE DROP Singlepower Extreme amp with a lot of great TUBES
Oct 27, 2008 at 6:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

riceboy

Headphoneus Supremus
Up for sale is my Singlepower Extreme. It is stock as far as I know. This SP Extreme is in great condition. I've had no problems with it since owning it. There were some threads saying that some SP Extreme owners would hear noise when turning the volume all the way up with the music not playing of course
wink.gif
, but my SP Extreme never did experience this issue and runs really quiet. Here is your chance to get a Singlepower amp without the wait and is problem free. I'm the third owner of this amp as well. I'm sorry but I won't split of any tubes or adapters for sale. The tubes I'm gonna include are listed below.

These tubes aren't shown in any pictures, but will be included as well which are:

2 - Raytheon 6080WB
2 - GE short bottle 6SN7GT
2 - RCA 6SN7GT
1 - Dumont 6SN7GT
2 - GE 60808 Gold brand
3 other tubes I haven't used, but I'm throwing it in there.

These tubes in the picture below are my best tubes for this amp and they are very expensive as well which cost over $1000.00 if you need to replace them. Just look them up for the prices. Also, to get an adapter from Singlepower does take some time and can range from 4 - 8 weeks. Besides the cost, these tubes below made this amp really, really shine. I haven't seen many Singlepower amps come with these great tubes. I've owned a one of a kind Singlepower amp and a Slam beside this Extreme and the one thing I learned is that really good tubes bring out the best sound in these amps and many other tube amps as well. The NOS tubes haven't been used as well.

SPExtremetubes.jpg

UPDATE 11.9.08
I won't be including the ECC adapter with 3 of those ECC tubes that can't be used without the adapter and 3 of the 2c51s, 2 - RCA 6SN7GT, 2 - GE short bottle 6SN7GT. I dropped the price again to reflect this change to $1400 which is a $200+ decrease. I'm sorry and please let me know if you have any questions.

From left to right:

Back Row:
2 - Tung Sol 7236
Ken Rad
Mullard ECC32
2 - Bendix 6080
2 - GE 5998A Black Plate halo Geter
Sylvania 6SN7GT Bad Boy

Front row:
Mullard 12AU7
1 - NOS Tung Sol 2C51 1958
2 - NOS Sylvania 2C51
1 - 2c51 adapter

Also the tubes pictured in the amp are Raytheon 6020 that are NOS with only 4 hours of usage and another KenRad.

I would like to get $1600 (Price drop $1195) which will include shipping in the U.S. and insurance. I can accept money order, personal check (once it clears), and Paypal. If paying with Paypal I will eat the fees as well. Overall with the amount of tubes with 2c51 adapter, and the condition of the amp I feel this is a good deal. Another thing to add is that there is a wait for new amps at SP. This is your chance to get a SP Extreme at a great price with a lot of tube rolling possibilities with great tubes as well
smily_headphones1.gif
. As mentioned above I'm not going to split up the tubes or adapters for this sale as I want the new owner to have a lot of good tube rolling options.

I have 105 feedback at 100% here, as well as additional feedback at Agon and Ebay. Please let me know if you have any questions.

frontView2.jpg

SPExtremefrontview.jpg

SPExtremebackview.jpg

Oct 28, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #3 of 19

riceboy

Headphoneus Supremus
Sale fell through. Prospective buyer borkt (Robert) committed to purchase but since then no communication
frown.gif
. I've sent him a few PMs with no responses. He been on the last two days since committing to purchase the amp on Sunday. Just wanted to let the folks out here know just to be careful. I will be happy to update this if the situation does change.

Now it's back up for sale and looking for a good home
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #5 of 19

n_maher

Resistorous Conflagorous
No discussion, apologies in advance....

This is an amazing deal, no wait, great seller, impossible to find tube selection worth almost the full asking price, crikey I'm almost tempted to buy it just for the tubes.

Oct 31, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #6 of 19

riceboy

Headphoneus Supremus
Thanks n_maher for the kind words. These tubes definitely make this amp shine and brings it to it's full potential. The new owner should have a bunch of listening enjoyment with these tubes
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #14 of 19

riceboy

Headphoneus Supremus
I just purchased another tube amp and I'm sorry but now I will need some of the tubes. I let all interested parties know of the change.

I won't be including the ECC adapter with 3 of those ECC tubes that can't be used without the adapter and 3 of the 2c51s, 2 - RCA 6SN7GT, 2 - GE short bottle 6SN7GT. I dropped the price again to reflect this change to $1400 which is a $300+ decrease. I'm sorry and please let me know if you have any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread