1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

*SOLD* Ayre Codex AMP/DAC **Lowered price

Discussion in 'Amplification For Sale / Trade' started by cygnusx, Oct 15, 2018.
Trader History (4)
  1. cygnusx
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    Ship to:
    •   United States
    Best offer:
    Yes
    Upgraded to Ayre QX5 Twenty. First owner, used in a smokeless environment. Perfect for either a headphone amp/DAC setup or a standalone DAC. In my opinion, one of the best price/performing amp/dacs in the market, especially if using balanced outputs. The DAC is considered by many as an exceptional value, punching way above it's price range. Read the reviews for yourself. See the pictures and buy with confidence. IMG_0396.JPG IMG_0397.JPG IMG_0398.JPG IMG_0399.JPG IMG_0401.JPG Price includes shipping shipment.

2. Sunrivers
    Could you compare with Ayre QB9 DSD?

3. cygnusx
    I haven't had a chance to listen to the Ayre QB9 DSD enough to give you a detailed comparison. When I heard both the QB9 and Codex with the same gear, I couldn't really tell them a part. If you read the reviews, it's pretty mixed with some people like the QB9 better while others like the Codex better. I think a lot has to do with the synergies with the rest of your gear. A few things to note, the Codex has a built in headphone amp which is in view is very good, the QB9 does not. The Codex can also be used as a digital pre-amp. Lastly, Ayre Acoustics still sells the Codex. I hope that helps.

4. cygnusx
    lowered the price