!SOLD! ALO Jumbo Cotton Dock V2 !SOLD!
Jul 6, 2008 at 9:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

WaxMan

100+ Head-Fier
I bought this about seven months ago from Todd, at TTVJ. It is in immaculate condition, I have never bent it, it has stayed in the premolded 'C shape' that it was in when I received it. I don't think it's been on Ken's website for sometime, and it is no longer on TTVJ, so I will do my best to describe it like it was described on the TTVJ website. It is made using six 20 gauge solid silver conductors pushed through a 100% cotton dielectric by hand. The conductors are terminated to a Canare F12 mini plug, and an Ipod connector with the pins being treated at Jena Labs. The whole cable is sleeved in shiny black Techflex, with red heatshrink on either end of connectors. This cable has a huge open and very airy soundstage, with a big fat bottom end that sounds more like copper than silver. If you are a fan of silver cables this is the cable to get. Anyway I love this cable and I am not happy to sell it, but I need the money and we all know how that goes. I would like to sell it for SOLD shipped. PM me if you are interested. Thank you for looking!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2008 at 11:21 PM Post #3 of 7

LeeMark

500+ Head-Fier
PM sent

Jul 7, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #5 of 7

WaxMan

100+ Head-Fier
The first incarnation of the 'Cotton Dock' was three 22 gauge solid silver conductors pushed through a cotton dielectric terminated to a Canare F-12 plug, and sleeved in a handsome black techflex with cool reflective white threads weaved into it. It was really cool looking cause when the light caught the cable it sparkled. Anyway the 'Super Cotton Dock' is the one offered on Ken's website now, it is I believe, three 20 gauge solid silver conductors pushed through larger cotton tubing, again terminated to the fabulous Canare F-12 mini, and sleeved in even cooler looking techflex, black/gold. It is 'Super' because the conductors are larger, and open up the sound a lot more compared to the old 'Cotton Dock' - Then you have the 'Jumbo Cotton Dock V2' which is six 20 gauge solid silver conductors pushed through cotton, sleeved in black shiny techflex, and terminated to a Canare F-12. This dock is was most likely named 'Jumbo' because of the increase in the number of conductors that make up the cable, and it offers up a huge soundstage that is just like candy for the ears. Hope this clears some things up for you!

Users who are viewing this thread