sold: Akai ASE-50 Linear Drive (orthodynamic)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type
For Sale or Trade
Currency
USD
Price
Sep 18, 2011 at 9:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Kabeer

Headphoneus Supremus
Looking to sell my Akai ASE-50.
As far as Im aware only two pairs of these are known to exist on the net. Ericj's pair, and this one,so they are pretty much unobtanium.
One of the best looking and awesomely styled headphones out there.

This is a large driver Planar Magnetic headphone. Ericj's description of the sound on his in stock form, id say was not exactly the same as my experience, but i agreed something was off with the tonality, but once i opened them and removed the stock reflex disc that was made of cardboard, i felt all that tonality problem dissapeared. It was just a reflex disc problem.
Otherwise I just left the stock grey damper disc inside. It could do with a little damping refining, but otherwise sounds good as it is imo. Has bass that runs deep (George Benson's lowC deep bass hits nicely).

Opening up to modify damping is very easy, as the back of the earcup just twists off. (opening it the first time was very hard and i had to use a strap wrench, but now it is v.easy by hand).
Condition is overall good. The pads are in good condition. There is one scratch along the top of the headband you can see in the photo. There is light marking on the earcups you can see in the photo. but nothing major at all. Overall nice.

The drivers in these are unique, and as beautiful as the actual headphone itself. A piece of art I think.
Very nice build quality, and whilst it is similar-ish to a Vintage Fostex T50 in technology, it is uniquely made vs the usual Fostex/Yamaha style headphones.

These are in UK now, and I can post anywhere worldwide. Send me a PM if you would like to buy, or maybe have somethign very interesting to trade (prefer a sale though)
Payment by paypal (gift or personal to avoid fees) , or bank transfer is ok too if you are in uk..
Edit: now for sale

Sep 18, 2011 at 9:36 AM Post #2 of 9

VictorHalgaard

WARNING: BAD TRADER
Also known as HeadphoneViking.
Looks pretty...almost as pretty as Pioneer SE 700, but ive got no clue what theyre worth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread