SOL republic headphones ?
Aug 28, 2011 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Parall3l

lƐllɐɹɐԀ
Hey guys, just found this article on Innerfidelity (Great site BTW) about Kevin Lee (son of Noel Lee, aka the Head Monster) starting his own headphone company called SOL republic.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/head-monster-noel-lees-son-kevin-founds-sol-republic-make-low-cost-cans

popcorn.gif

Dec 4, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 10
yea they sell them at best buy, I tested them out and they sound pretty good. Not audiophile of course but good for mainstream, bass is the motive but overall better than the beats by dre. Also half the price. Maybe we got a mainstream winner?

Dec 5, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
yea they sell them at best buy, I tested them out and they sound pretty good. Not audiophile of course but good for mainstream, bass is the motive but overall better than the beats by dre. Also half the price. Maybe we got a mainstream winner?

agreed I like them very well. I have only listened to the Tracks HD though.

Feb 26, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 10
Any more info on the Tracks HD? I have them coming in the mail this week.

I like the bass of BeatsByDre Studios, but dislike how they make the mids and highs suffer harshly and than you add the price and fragile build quality.

SOL Republic seems like a good alternative for bass heads who want style as I heard they have great bass and much better mids and highs than the BeatsByDre series. Not to mention the 1/3 price tag and what I've heard awesome build quality.

Any comments from others who HAVE TRIED the Tracks HDs or even the AMPS HDs?

Mar 31, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #7 of 10
I have the AMPS HD and am loving them more as each day goes by, I had the regular AMPS before and I liked the bass a lot but everything else just sounded average, for 60$ they weren't that bad though, I just am used to my x10i's and my s4i's from Klipsch so I had higher expectations for the mids and highs but the lows were pretty detailed. I went back to best buy to upgrade them for the HD version and there is quiet a difference, they sound amazing all around now, they come with a case that is the best carrying case I have ever gotten with any headphones by far. They sound epic with any genre of music, I am a bass head but at times turn on treble booster on my ipod when I want to listen at lower volumes because they do pack a punch. What's great though is they are only bass heavy when the music calls for it, if you are listening to something that naturally doesn't have any bass these iem's don't produce any fake sounding lows which is awesome!

(I did get to hear the tracks on display and liked them a lot, especially the looks of them)

SOL republic is by far better then the any of the Beats by Dr Dre. and the CEO of SOL republic is the son of the CEO of Monster. lol

Aug 25, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #8 of 10
Yes, the Tracks are great. The headbands are impossible to destroy, and the bass is just fantastic. Very punchy and strong. The mids were indeed recessed, although I honestly don't mind that much. MANY times better than the Beats line, as well as MUCH cheaper. 

May 15, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #10 of 10
I Have the V10 Deadmau5 edition and the V12 Ultra and the Master Tracks X3 Original. Out of the 3 the most clear and detailed is the V12 ultra. It also has the least clamping force, although I question the white earcups. The sound is suited to vocals , instruments and is a good all rounder. The master tracks are the. It's comfortable for me as the earcups are larger and cover my ears. The sound of the x3 is like the Ultras but with less pronounced treble which makes it great for long listening sessions because the warmth, the details the bass and clarity are still all there but just better behaved. It's the most refined headphone of the 3. The V10's Deadmau5 edition is certainly not boring with its gold, fluoro orange and pattern printed headband. You will certainly stand out in the crowd. Imagine the sound as the Ultras but with more bass and less pronounced mids. The highs are still there thought not as detailed and sparkly as the Ultras. These are best for music with lots of bass, simple and non complicated mixes as trying these on with like a live concert recording of micheal buble will leave you somewhat wanting more due to lack of soundstage and other little details the big live band produces in which you can hear in the Ultras and the Master tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back