Tinkerman was busy today...
tongue.gif

Afbeelding537.jpg

SOHA II with a personal touch in the making

Afbeelding536.jpg

Regulated 120V PS under test
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #379 of 707
There are 2 different amps, but this amp will also have the tubes on top, on a different way.
The other one is (more or less) built as SOHA II prototype according to the specs, without modifications and running at lower B+ voltage (95V).

Sep 20, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #382 of 707
Jeff and I finalized them last night. The PCB house reported back two small errors as a result of adding alternate caps to the original board. We fixed those. So, without speaking for Jeff, I think the final production order goes in today. Send him a PM.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 20, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #383 of 707
Quote:

Originally Posted by runeight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ferrari, have you become the zen master of voltage multipliers now?
biggrin.gif

Hehee… playing with Cockroft Walton voltage multiplier is fun, I can tell you.
And if you have some appropriated parts in your parts bin to play with (accidentally) … more fun.
tongue.gif

However in this case, the fun is limited by the TI regulator.

Sep 21, 2008 at 10:13 AM Post #384 of 707
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The rail voltage for the Epsilon12 circuit is actually only 12V due to the 12V VR+E/VR-E (12V relay used in the circuit).

BTW, if size is a problem, you (Uncle Bob) can use smaller value/size CE3, for example 47uF and change the value of RE5 to 1MΩ. Functionally, the circuit is unchanged!
wink.gif

However I am sure that it should not be too difficult to find 8mm caps elsewhere.

Thanks for that info, having had it confirmed by the gurus that using 16V parts isn't going to cause issues then getting 8mm caps is no longer a problem.

Whilst we're talking about the e12 circuit, am I right in thinking that any 12V dpdt or dpco relay with a coil rating of less than 150mW will be OK?

UB

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #387 of 707
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeWa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I correct that the main board is now so that the B+ multiplier is incorporated or will this be on a separate board?
(sorry if this was already clarified but I'm still a bit in holiday mode)

Regards

Yes, the new regulated HV B+ ~(55V-100V) is incorporated on the main SOHA II board. (There is thus no child board).

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #390 of 707
Gewa, the website has been updated for a few days now, including new images, new schematics, and new parts lists. Have you looked?

Edit: I see that I posted on top of Ferrari's post.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back