Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Feb 22, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #1,036 of 1,593
Last edited:
Feb 23, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #1,040 of 1,593
Vocals are great, they don''t sound recessed like most v-shaped signatures. And the female tone especially in the highs are spot on for me. It's vibrant, sparkling, and clear but without any excessive harshness. Soundstage height is about average in terms of sub $1000 tier. It has a good layering ability and each instruments are separated well with above average resolution, making the whole presentation uncongested, immersive and easy to listen. I personally like both male and female vocals' tone, but for some the contrast between the lower-mids and upper may make it feel less warm. It is slightly on the brighter side in terms of mids alone, but adding the presence of its DD bass, the sound as a whole feels balanced and just right

Feb 23, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #1,041 of 1,593
Vocals are great, they don''t sound recessed like most v-shaped signatures. And the female tone especially in the highs are spot on for me. It's vibrant, sparkling, and clear but without any excessive harshness. Soundstage height is about average in terms of sub $1000 tier. It has a good layering ability and each instruments are separated well with above average resolution, making the whole presentation uncongested, immersive and easy to listen. I personally like both male and female vocals' tone, but for some the contrast between the lower-mids and upper may make it feel less warm. It is slightly on the brighter side in terms of mids alone, but adding the presence of its DD bass, the sound as a whole feels balanced and just right
Yours impressions are really helpful to me , thank you very much ,,,

Feb 23, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #1,042 of 1,593
Looks like Volume is coming to CanJam! :) (from here)

11704519.jpg

Feb 24, 2022 at 6:20 AM Post #1,043 of 1,593
Sold! :wink: It would be my only one though.

I can't seem to find anything in the sub $800 range that fulfills all my "needs" and I may simply have to learn how to compromise. But as you all know that's easier said than done in this ridiculous hobby! Since I don't have a wife nobody is cursing at me and telling me to behave like a normal human being I can't be helped, really :) My struggle is to find an IEM without the bloody Harmon induced bass and treble boost, that has perfect timbre, coherence, and rhythmic capabilities. I listen to a lot of folk, popular, rock, prog, metal, world, jazz, and classical, with the last 3 (mostly acoustic) ever growing in presence and interest. That makes me want an IEM that's as balanced as possible, as an aspect of tonality that's great for one genre can/will be terrible for another. So the search is for that unicorn. Easy...

drftr
Hi, sorry for quoting an old message! I’ve read a few of your posts and I’m wondering if, in the end, you found an IEM that fits your needs. Reason is, my needs seem pretty similar, I’m looking for an IEM mainly for classical music, within a $800 budget. And haven’t found many options to be honest. It would be my first IEM, I’m not even sure I’m going to like listening to them as I only used full headphone.
What did you end up buying? Thanks!

Feb 24, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #1,044 of 1,593
Hi, sorry for quoting an old message! I’ve read a few of your posts and I’m wondering if, in the end, you found an IEM that fits your needs. Reason is, my needs seem pretty similar, I’m looking for an IEM mainly for classical music, within a $800 budget. And haven’t found many options to be honest. It would be my first IEM, I’m not even sure I’m going to like listening to them as I only used full headphone.
What did you end up buying? Thanks!
I ended up buying something much more expensive but a few suggestions you may want to look at are the Softears RSV, FiiO FD7, and Dunu Zen Pro. Let us know how it goes! I waited for a mighty long time for the Turii to become available again but after almost a year I pulled the plug.

drftr

Feb 25, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #1,048 of 1,593
Feb 25, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #1,049 of 1,593
Hey Hey.
Been testing the hell out of Volume. Noticed the graph(s) on the last few pages with different tips. I thought about it a lot. WHY is the mid peak changing so damn much with just tips. So then I studied the included tips, the fit. Maybe someone can do this and check their impressions:

This is basically extending the bore tube by 5-6mm. Thats the only thing I can figure out is doing something... but man, does it do something! You don't need to deep fit at all, just shallow fit the tips and give a shot. I think it's possible Softears intended the crystal tips to actually extend the bore tube (a lot) in a more comfy custom fashion?!! If so its genius, but people should know the intension.

edit, measured, 6mm extension

IMG_20220225_165655.jpg
IMG_20220225_165713.jpg
IMG_20220225_165707.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #1,050 of 1,593
Hey Hey.
Been testing the hell out of Volume. Noticed the graph(s) on the last few pages with different tips. I thought about it a lot. WHY is the mid peak changing so damn much with just tips. So then I studied the included tips, the fit. Maybe someone can do this and check their impressions:

This is basically extending the bore tube by 5-6mm. Thats the only thing I can figure out is doing something... but man, does it do something! You don't need to deep fit at all, just shallow fit the tips and give a shot. I think it's possible Softears intended the crystal tips to actually extend the bore tube (a lot) in a more comfy custom fashion?!! If so its genius, but people should know the intension.

edit, measured, 6mm extension

If you want to extend the nozzle, you can use o-rings.
IMG_20220226_014925.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32957813644.html
(Color: BVW100-1.5mm)

This is what some people did on the short nozzle on the Blon BL-03 a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back