Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Oct 30, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #812 of 1,593
Lazy Sunday morning listen with the Turii out of the iPhone XS Max into Luxury & Precision P6Pro. Great synergy! :)

Last day listening to these before the Softear IEMs go back to @Uncle Wilson at Jaben SG. Big shout out to them for allowing me the pleasure of listening to the entire range of Softear IEMs. I will say that I am impressed. I am glad to see that Softear has started spreading its wings in South East Asia.

2B5D4F1B-725A-4D80-B80E-3CF838BB5D35.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #814 of 1,593
I seem to have an aversion to multi-driver IEMs lately... and a tendency toward geometric shaped single driver ones instead! :ksc75smile:

Turii_&_Timeless.jpg
Haha! Single DDs are an art to tune. That's why I always have a soft spot for a well tuned single DD IEM. Special :)

Oct 31, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #815 of 1,593
Yeah agreed... and apparently single driver planars are hard to get right too. The 7Hz gets things mostly right, just sense of space is a bit less than ideal. It's good enough thankfully that I can 100% enjoy it even when I've got the Turii right there at the same time.

Nov 1, 2021 at 10:56 PM Post #817 of 1,593
Hey guys! Here's my dual review of Softears RS10 (10BA) and Cerberus (1DD+4BA+2EST) flagship IEMs feat. 64 Audio U12t, Lime Ears Pneuma, Moondrop S8 and Softears RSV. I had a great time testing them and writing the article. It's longer than usual and I hope you enjoy it. Let me know if you have any questions for me. Cheers!

Softears RS10 & Cerberus.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #818 of 1,593
Nov 3, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #819 of 1,593
Hey guys! Here's my dual review of Softears RS10 (10BA) and Cerberus (1DD+4BA+2EST) flagship IEMs feat. 64 Audio U12t, Lime Ears Pneuma, Moondrop S8 and Softears RSV. I had a great time testing them and writing the article. It's longer than usual and I hope you enjoy it. Let me know if you have any questions for me. Cheers!

Hey ! Great article - very informative on the Softears tech, and good to see the RS10 internals as I think it's a sign of a good quality iem maker and the RS10's internal wiring from the pictures is particularly neat; but of course it's the sound that's the real 'show'.
JD

Nov 3, 2021 at 1:36 AM Post #820 of 1,593
Hey ! Great article - very informative on the Softears tech, and good to see the RS10 internals as I think it's a sign of a good quality iem maker and the RS10's internal wiring from the pictures is particularly neat; but of course it's the sound that's the real 'show'.
JD
Thanks! RS10's tech rich clear shells are definitely mesmerizing!

Nov 15, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #821 of 1,593
Hi all, I'm looking for a good set of IEMs to listen mostly to metal (stoner, doom, prog, thrash, core). I like the bass presence but possibly fast bass to keep up with busy prog and core tracks. I think I'm high-mids and treble sensitive because I couldn't listen at all to Fearless S8F and sometimes I had difficulties with UM 3DT peaks.
I've also had Shuoer EJ07 and Vega 2020 this year.

At the moment my shortlist is:
- Soft Ears RSV
- Shuoer EJ07M
- Oriolus Isabellae
- Dunu Est 112

I'm a fan of DD IEMs but recently I started to hate driver flex, and I've read that RSV sound similar to DD IEMs but with technicalities and speed of BA IEMs.

What's your opinion? Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Nov 15, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #822 of 1,593
Hi all, I'm looking for a good set of IEMs to listen mostly to metal (stoner, doom, prog, thrash, core). I like the bass presence but possibly fast bass to keep up with busy prog and core tracks. I think I'm high-mids and treble sensitive because I couldn't listen at all to Fearless S8F and sometimes I had difficulties with UM 3DT peaks.
I've also had Shuoer EJ07 and Vega 2020 this year.

At the moment my shortlist is:
- Soft Ears RSV
- Shuoer EJ07M
- Oriolus Isabellae
- Dunu Est 112

I'm a fan of DD IEMs but recently I started to hate driver flex, and I've read that RSV sound similar to DD IEMs but with technicalities and speed of BA IEMs.

What's your opinion? Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Try the RSV for that speed, separation and clarity. Isabellae is special for its timbre, and especially vocals and other organic/wooden instruments. I haven't tried the other two

Nov 15, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #823 of 1,593
Im going to recommend the IEM you already had for that, the 07. I cannot think of a better iem for the music you said you listen to.

[edit] You WANT plenty of midbass and bass for those styles of metal. If not treble is gonna cut your head off. Tanchjim Tanya is also SUPER good for this hilariously.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #824 of 1,593
Im going to recommend the IEM you already had for that, the 07. I cannot think of a better iem for the music you said you listen to.

[edit] You WANT plenty of midbass and bass for those styles of metal. If not treble is gonna cut your head off. Tanchjim Tanya is also SUPER good for this hilariously.
Thanks man. My EJ07 had driver flex, UM 3DT had driver flex, even the Vega 2020 had a bit of driver flex...
This is why I was thinking about RSV.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #825 of 1,593
I get around driver flex by using Comply T500 tips, they fix the issue %100. I gotta be honest, for extreme metal styles, I do not use the same 'audiophile' iems I listen to mostly everything else. I generally use DD sets that are NOT tuned with a lot of high mids and treble. I want the focus to be on the lows and mids and generally the music was mixed like that as well.
I don't mind the RSV with more extreme metal but I can't turn them up to blast my face off levels.. and extreme metal was made to be played loud.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back